Hello and welcome to ExamPundit. Here is a set of Reasoning and General Intelligence Quiz for RRB NTPC 2016.
1. Ratul walks 20 m North. Then, he turns right and walks 30 m. Then he turns right and walks 35 m. Then he turns left and walks 15 m. Then he again turns left and walks 15 m. In which direction and how many metres away is he from his original position?
(a) 15 metres West
(b) 30 metres East
(c) 30 metres West
(d) 45 metres East
2. Some boys are sitting in a line. Manpreet is on 17th place from left and Sourav is on 18th place from right. There are 8 boys in between them. How many boys are there in the line?
3. In a row of girls. Ruchi and Sameera occupy the ninth place from the right end and tenth place from the left end respectively. If the interchange their places, then Ruchi and Sameera occupy seventeenth place from the right and eighteenth place from the left respectively. How many girls are there in the row ?
(d) Data inadequate
|Solutions - Since Ruchi and Sameera exchange places, so Ruchi's new position is the same as Sameera's earlier positions . This position is 17th from the right and 10th from the left \ Number of girls in the row = (16 + 1 + 9) = 26.|
4. What is the next number in this sequence ?
1, 3, 8, 19, 42, 89, ?
|Solutions - Each of the numbers is doubled and 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 is added in next term, so 89 × 2 + 6 = 184.|
5. Which one of the numbers will complete the series ?
8, 13, 10, 15, 12, 17, 14 ...
|Solutions - Second term is greater than first term by 5, while the third term is less than the second term by 3. The same order is repeated.|
6. Which sequence of letters when placed at the blanks one after another will complete the given letter series ?
aa – bb – aa – abbbb – a
|Solutions - a a b b / b b a a / a a b b / b b a a|
7. Choose the missing term out of the given alternatives :
J2Z, K4X, I7V, ?, H16R, M22P
|Solutions - The first letters in odd numbered terms form series J, I, H and in even numbered terms form the series K, L, M. The sequence followed by the numbers is + 2, + 3, + 4, + 5, + 6. The third letter of each term is moved two steps backward to obtain the third letter of the next term.|
8. Find the next triplet of alphabets in the following series :
ABD, DGK, HMS, MTB, SBL, ..... ?
|Solutions - The first letters of the triplets move 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 .... steps forward. The second letters of the triplets move 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... steps forward. The third letters of the triplets move 7, 8, 9, 10 .... steps forward. Hence, the next triplet of alphabets is ZKW.|
9. Which one number does not belong to the series ?
905, 180, 175, 35, 30, 6, 1
10. Complete the given series.
LXF, MTJ, NPN, OLR, ?
|Solutions -The first letter of each term is moved one step forward, the second letter is moved four steps backward and the third letter is moved four steps forward to obtain the corresponding letters of the next term.|