Hello and welcome to ExamPundit. Here is the 2nd set of Railways Awareness Quiz for RRB NTPC 2016.
Post answers according to the following format(s)
In case the options are ABCD, use the Appropriate Options.
Do Not Rectify anyone.
If you have any doubt regarding any question of the quiz, kindly ask after the quiz is over i.e answers given.
Do Not CHAT here. If you have any query, use today’s Ask The Mentor Page.
At least 7 Attempts for Scores.
Exampundit.in reserves the right to choose winner or give scores.
1. Which is the following pairs of regional Railways and their headquarters not true?
(a) South-Central Railway - Secundrabad
(b) Central railway - Bhopal
(c) South Railway - Chennai
(d) North Railway - New Delhi
2. Between which of the destinations the first Indian train was started?
(a) From Calcutta to Delhi
(b) From Mumbai to Thane
(c) From Mumbai to Surat
(d) From Mumbai to Madras
3. When was the first train in Indian started?
4. In which Governor-General’s reign railway lines in India were established?
(a) Lord William Bentick
(b) Lord Cornwallis
(c) Lord Kenning
(d) Lord Dalhousie
5. A station where the rail lines end, is called
(a) junction station
(c) block station
(d) terminal station
6. How much distance was traveled by first train of India?
(a) 33 km
(b) 36 km
(c) 34 km
(d) 46 km
7. What is the position of the Indian Railway in the world according to the length of rail lines?
8. What is the length of North-Eastern Frontier Railway (NEFR)?
(a) 4300 Km
(b) 3700 Km
(c) 4290 km
(d) 5298 km
9. The headquarters of North-Eastern railway is situated at
(a) Mumbai (V.T)
(d) New Delhi
10. When was the North-Eastern frontier Railway (NEFR) established?
(a) 15th Jan, 1958
(b) 15th Jan, 1955
(c) 2nd Jan, 1956
(d) 14th April, 1952
11. The headquarters of North -Eastern Frontier Railway (NEFR) is
(b) Maligaon (Guwahati)
12. In which of the following cities, the first sub-way train was started?
13. General Manger is responsible for
(a) Railway Board
(b) Railway Ministry
(c) Both railway Board and Railway Ministry
(d) None of these
14. The headquarters of South-Central Railways is situated at
(a) Mumbai (V.T)
(d) Mumbai (Central)
15. The headquarters of Northern Railway is at
(a) New Delhi
(d) Mumbai (V.T)
16. The headquarters of South Railways is situated at
17. In which institution the training of electric work is being given?
(a) Indian Railways Institute of Mechanical and Electrical Engineering
(b) Indian Railways Institute of Electrical Engineering
(c) Railway Staff College
(d) Indian Railways Institute of Civil Engineering
18. Who invented the railway engine?
(a) Charles Babbage
(b) Isaac Newton
(c) James Watt
(d) George Stephenson
19. Where is the Indian Railways Institute of Mechanical and Electrical Engineering Institute situated?
20. Metro Railway is Not functioning in which of the following Indian States?
(c) West Bengal
(d) Tamil Nadu