Hello and welcome to ExamPundit. Here is the very first set of SSC CGL Maths Quiz.
Post answers according to the following format(s)
In case the options are ABCD, use the Appropriate Options.
Do Not Rectify anyone.
If you have any doubt regarding any question of the quiz, kindly ask after the quiz is over i.e answers given.
Do Not CHAT here. If you have any query, use today’s Ask The Mentor Page.
At least 7 Attempts for Scores.
Exampundit.in reserves the right to choose winner or give scores.
1. In DABC, a line through A cuts the side BC at D such that BD : DC = 4 : 5. If the area of DABD = 60 cm2 , then the area of DADC is
(a) 50 cm2
(b) 60 cm2
(c) 75 cm2
(d) 90 cm2
2. A tangent is drawn to a circle of radius 6cm from a point situated at a distance of 10 cm from the centre of the circle. The length of the tangent will be
(a) 4 cm
(b) 5 cm
(c) 8 cm
(d) 7 cm
3. A ship after sailing 12km towards south from a particular place covered 5 km more towards east. Then the straightway distance of the ship from that place is
(a) 18 km
(b) 15 km
(c) 13 km
4. Two poles of height 7 m and 12 m stand on a plane ground. If the distance between their feet is 12 m, the distance between their top will be
(a) 13 m
(b) 19 m
(c) 17 m
(d) 15 m θ
5. The maximum value of sin4θ + cos4θ is
6. Find the value of
tan 4° tan 43° tan 47° tan 86°
7. The sum of four numbers is 48. When 5 and 1 are added to the first two; and 3 & 7 are subtracted from the 3rd & 4th, the numbers will be equal. The numbers are
(a) 4, 12, 12, 20
(b) 5, 11, 13, 19
(c) 6, 10, 14, 18
(d) 9, 7, 15, 17
8. The least number that should be added to 2055 so that the sum is exactly divisible by 27 :
9. A and B together can do a piece of work in 6 days. If A can alone do the work in 18 days, then the number of days required for B to finish the work is
10. A pipe can fill a tank in x hours and another can empty it in y hours. They can together fill it in (y > x)
(a) x – y
(b) y – x
(c) xy/ x – y
(d) xy/ y – x
- Kushagra Singh
- Basundhara Saha