Hello and welcome to ExamPundit. Here is a set of Maths Quiz for RRB NTPC 2016.
Post answers according to the following format(s)
In case the options are ABCD, use the Appropriate Options.
Do Not Rectify anyone.
If you have any doubt regarding any question of the quiz, kindly ask after the quiz is over i.e answers given.
Do Not CHAT here. If you have any query, use today’s Ask The Mentor Page.
At least 7 Attempts for Scores.
Exampundit.in reserves the right to choose winner or give scores.
1. If 1 is subtracted from the numerator of a fraction it becomes (1/3) and if 5 is added to the denominator the fraction becomes (1/4). Which fraction shall result, if 1 is subtracted from the numerator and 5 is added to the denominator ?
2. A ball is dropped from a height 64 m above the ground and every time it hits the ground it rises to a height equal to half of the previous. What is the height attained after it hits the ground for the 16th time?
(a) 2–12 m
(b) 2–11 m
(c) 2–10 m
(d) 2–9 m
3. 38L of milk was poured into a tub and the tub was found to be 5% empty. To completely fill the tub, what amount of additional milk must be poured?
(a) 1 l
(b) 2 l
(c) 3 l
(d) 4 l
4. What is the number whose 20% is 30% of 40?
5. If Rs. 8400 is divided among A, B and C in the ratio 1/5 : 1/6 : 1/10, what is the share of A?
(a) Rs. 3200
(b) Rs. 3400
(c) Rs. 3600
(d) Rs. 3800
6. 89.4 × 412.8 × 648.1 = 16?
7. 12% of 840 × 0.25% of 148 = ?
8. Prakash, Sunil and Anil started a business jointly investing Rs.11 lakhs, Rs. 16.5 lakhs and Rs. 8.25 lakhs respectively. The profit earned by them in the business at the end of three years was Rs. 19.5 lakhs. What will be the 50% of Anil’s share in the profit?
(a) Rs.4.5 lakhs
(b) Rs.2.25 lakhs
(c) Rs.2.5 lakhs
(d) Rs.3.75 lakhs
9. Barry Allen purchased a TV set for Rs.11,250 after getting discount of 10% on the labelled price. He spent Rs.150 on transport and Rs.800 on installation. At what price should it be sold so that the profit earned would be 15% if no discount was offered?
(a) Rs. 12,937.50
(b) Rs. 14,030
(c) Rs. 13,450
(d) Rs. 15,467.50
10. Mr Bruce Wayne invested Rs.20,000 with rate of interest @ 20 pcpa. The interest was compounded half-yearly for the first one year and in the next year it was compounded yearly. What will be the total interest earned at the end of two years?
(a) Rs. 8,800
(b) Rs. 9,040
(c) Rs. 8,040
(d) Rs. 9,800
- Ami Sourav
- Arnav Dragneo