Hello and welcome to ExamPundit. Here is a set of General Science Quiz for RRB NTPC 2016. One of the 10 question does not belong to the quiz category hence it can be considered as the "Filler".
Post answers according to the following format(s)
In case the options are ABCD, use the Appropriate Options.
Do Not Rectify anyone.
If you have any doubt regarding any question of the quiz, kindly ask after the quiz is over i.e answers given.
Do Not CHAT here. If you have any query, use today’s Ask The Mentor Page.
At least 7 Attempts for Scores.
Exampundit.in reserves the right to choose winner or give scores.
1. Rearranging and allocating space in memory to provide for multiple computing tasks is called
(c) Memory Management
2. What happens when a drop of glycerol is added to crushed KMnO4 spread of a paper ?
(a) There is a violent explosion
(b) There is no reaction
(c) The paper ignites
(d) There is a crackling sound.
3. Most commonly used bleaching agent is
(b) Carbon dioxide
(d) Sodium chloride
4. The least penetrating power ray is
5. Hydrogen peroxide is an effective sterilizing agent. Which one of the following product results when it readily loses active oxygen ?
(d) Nasant Hydrogen
6. The maximum fixation of solar energy is done by
(c) Green plants
7. The term 'brown air' is used for
(a) Photochemical smog
(b) Sulfurous smog
(c) Industrial smog
(d) Acid fumes
8. Which of the following is FALSE with respect to rain water harvesting?
(a) It helps raising water table
(b) It helps meet rising water demand
(c) It increases run–off losses
(d) It is a device of water conservation
9. Peroxyacetyl nitrate is a
(a) Plant hormone
(c) Secondary pollutant
(d) Acidic dye
10. Which of the following river does not originate in Indian territory ?
- Basundhara Saha