Hello and welcome to ExamPundit. Here is a set of General Knowledge Quiz for RRB NTPC and SSC CGL 2016. The quiz is mainly based on Pre-Independence Era.
Post answers according to the following format(s)
In case the options are ABCD, use the Appropriate Options.
Do Not Rectify anyone.
If you have any doubt regarding any question of the quiz, kindly ask after the quiz is over i.e answers given.
Do Not CHAT here. If you have any query, use today’s Ask The Mentor Page.
At least 12 Attempts for Scores.
Exampundit.in reserves the right to choose winner or give scores.
1. The Swaraja Party was organised by
(a) Lala Lajpat Rai and Feroz Shah Mehta
(b) Sarojini Naidu and Annie Besant
(c) C. R. Das and Motilal Nehru
(d) C. Rajagopalachari and C.Y. Chintamani
2. The Khilafat Movement was organised to protest against the injustice done to
3. Which one of the following is incorrectly matched?
(a) Bhagat Singh : Meerut Conspiracy Case
(b) Ram Prasad Bismil : Kakori Conspiracy Case
(c) Rasbehari Bose: Delhi Conspiracy Case
(d) Surya Sen : Chittagong Armoury Raid
4. Who among the following did not attend the First Round Table Conference?
(a) M.K. Gandhi
(b) Sir Tej Bahadur Sapru
(c) Dr. Ambedkar
(d) C.Y. Chintamani
5. Who led the Bardoli Satyagraha in 1928?
(a) Morarji Desai
(b) M.K. Gandhi
(c) Mahadev Desai
(d) Vallabhbhai Patel
6. Railway and telegraph systems were introduced in India by
(a) Lord Cornwallis
(b) Lord Dalhousie
(c) Lord Wellesley
(d) Lord Bentinck
7. The interim Government formed in India in 1946 was headed by
(a) C. Rajagopalachari
(b) Mahatma Gandhi
(c) Jawaharlal Nehru
(d) Dr. Rajendra Prasad
8. “Do or Die” was the slogan which Mahatma Gandhi gave during the
(a) Quit India Movement
(b) Non-Cooperation Movement
(c) Khilafat agitation
(d) Civil Disobedience Movement
9. Hunter Commission was appointed by the British Government to probe into
(a) Chauri Chaura incident
(b) demolition of Kanpur Mosque
(c) Jalianwalla Bagh massacre
(d) Kakori train dacoity incident
10. The moderate congress leaders demanded
(a) no separation but representation
(b) immediate end of British rule in India
(c) end of racial discrimination
(d) introduction of English education
11. The Lahore session of the Congress in 1929 decided to
(a) launch civil disobedience movement
(b) to struggle for freedom
(c) attainment of complete independence
(d) none of these
12. The Quit India Movement was organized on
(a) June, 1941
(b) August, 1942
(c) July, 1943
(d) July 1946
13. The first split in Congress took place in 1907 in
14. The Muslim League demanded partition in
15. Who among the following belonged to the moderate group of the Indian National Congress?
(a) Lala Lajpat Rai
(b) Bipan Chandra Pal
(c) Bal Gangadhar Tilak
(d) Gopal Krishna Gokhale
- Ami Sourav
- Kushagra Singh