Hello and welcome to ExamPundit. Here is a set of General Knowledge Quiz for SSC CGL 2016 based on Geography. This is shared by Aries Fire. You can too share quizzes with us and after 10 successful quiz, you will have dedicated page.
Post answers according to the following format(s)
In case the options are ABCD, use the Appropriate Options.
Do Not Rectify anyone.
If you have any doubt regarding any question of the quiz, kindly ask after the quiz is over i.e answers given.
Do Not CHAT here. If you have any query, use today’s Ask The Mentor Page.
At least 7 Attempts for Scores.
Exampundit.in reserves the right to choose winner or give scores.
1. The famous lagoon lake of India is?
(a) Dal lake
(b) Chilka lake
(c) Pulicat lake
2. Which of the following cities lies to the western most longitude?
3. Which of the following river flows through a rift valley?
4. Duncan passage is located between?
(a) South and little Andaman
(b) North and south Andaman
(c) North and middle Andaman
(d) Andaman and Nicobar
5. India lies in the __________ hemisphere?
(a) Northern and eastern
(b) Southern and eastern
(c) Northern and western
(d) Northern and southern
6. Where the saltora ranges located?
(b) Along the vindhyas
(c) Part of Karakorum ranges
(d) Part of western Ghats
7. The standard time of country differs from the GMT in multiples of?
(a) two hours
(b) one hours
(c) half hours
(d) four minutes
8. Which among the following is the highest peak?
(b) kun lun
(c) nanga parbet
(d) nanda devi
9. The Indian sub-continent was originally a part of?
(a) Jurassic land
(b) Angara land
(c) Arya varta
(d) Gondwana land
10. Naga, khasi, and garo hills are located in?
(a) Purvanchal ranges
(b) Karakoram ranges
(c) Zaskar ranges
(d) Himalaya ranges
- Ami Sourav
- Optimus Prime