Hello and welcome to ExamPundit. Here is a set of English Quiz for Bank Exams 2016.
Post answers according to the following format(s)
In case the options are ABCD, use the Appropriate Options.
Do Not Rectify anyone.
If you have any doubt regarding any question of the quiz, kindly ask after the quiz is over i.e answers given.
Do Not CHAT here. If you have any query, use today’s Ask The Mentor Page.
At least 7 Attempts for Scores.
Exampundit.in reserves the right to choose winner or give scores.
DIRECTIONS (Qs. 1-10) : In each of the following sentences, the error, if there is one, will be in the part given in bold. The letter of the part which contains the error is the answer. If there is no error, the answer is 5). The error, if any, will be of grammar or/and usage. (Ignore errors of punctuation, if any.)
1. Further trials have added weight on 1) / these findings, and an expert panel concluded there was no 2) evidence to recommend betacarotene supplements / 3) for the general population, and strong evidence to recommend that 4) smokers avoid it / 5) No error.
2. 1) Had I known / 2) it earlier I / 3) would had made / 4) a different plan / 5) No error.
3. 1) During the flood / 2) Madhuri’s colleagues / 3) prayed for /4) her safety. 5) No error
4. 1) Everyone admires Ruchi /2) because of her ability /3) to generate /4) so good ideas. /5) No error
5. 1) The company has announced /2) a bonus for all /3) employee who /4) achieve their sales targets. /5) No error
6. 1) The Cashier cannot/2) give no explanation /3) for the money /4) that is missing. /5) No error
7. 1) The manager has /2) confidence in the engineer /3) ability to /4) design the new software. /5) No error
8. 1) Since most of the /2) employees were in /3) favour of the merger /4) it was a success. /5) No error
9. 1) The Reserve Bank of India are /2) responsible for ensuring /3) that the banking sector /4) functions effectively. /5) No error
10. 1) There is a shortage /2) for qualified staff /3) in many software /4) companies in India. /5) No error