Hello and welcome to ExamPundit. Here is a set of English Quiz for Bank PO and Insurance exams in 2016.
Directions: (Q. 1-5): In each of the following sentences there are two blank spaces. Below each sentence there are five pairs of words denoted by numbers 1), 2), 3), 4) and 5). Find out which pair of words can be filled up in the blanks in the sentence in the same sequence to make it meaningfully complete.
1. This move is likely to bring some ________ of order in higher education and will go a long way in ________ equal opportunities for all.
1) change, cementing
2) merit, serving
3) relief, establishing
4) semblance, ensuring
5) unity, discussing
2. We in India have not only given in to politicians, but ________ to ________ them whenever we can.
1) aspire, imitate
2) evade, oblige
3) compromise, challenge
4) deny, contest
5) surrender, force
3. Politicians are just too strong for the meek ________ that some organisations ________ against them from time to time.
1) voting, cast
2) protest, spell
3) resistance, mount
4) courage, stage
5) opposition, flaunt
4. It is a man’s highest duty to ________ himself with the whole world and when that happens he ________ others like himself.
1) associate, preaches
2) observe, follows
3) unite, serves
4) position, worships
5) identify, considers
5. For a perfect person and for those ________ for perfection, doing good to others is always ________. 1) pining, remedy
2) striving, spontaneous
3) fighting, appreciated
4) competing, cheered
5) looking, praiseworthy
Directions (Q. 6-10): Read each sentence to find out whether there is any grammatical or idiomatic error in it. The error, if any, will be in one part of the sentence. The number of that part is the answer. If there is ‘No error’, the answer is 5). (Ignore errors of punctuation, if any.)
6. 1) They understood how just a twitch, a shuffle, smirk or a glare on stage or screen / 2) can give audiences more insight / 3) into the impenetrable depths of a personality / 4) than a thousand-word dialogue. / 5) No error
7. 1) Gone are the days / 2) when people used to / 3) plan and save for years before buying / 4) the big-ticket items they aspired for. / 5) No error
8. 1) To be eligible for a loan, / 2) you need to have a / 3) regular source of income – salary, / 4) business or any occupation. / 5) No error
9. 1) Women tend to outlive their spouses, / 2) which makes it important for them / 3) to save money in instruments that will help them / 4) build corpse to last a lifetime. / 5) No error
10. 1) Success at work should not carry a disproportionate price tag / 2) whereby we end up souring relationships / 3) with our family members and friends / 4) which matter to us. / 5) No error
|Solutions - Replace ‘which’ with ‘who’|
- The Man with No Name
- Mujhe Kuch Ni Aata
- Srishti Bisaria