Hello and welcome to ExamPundit. Here is a set of Reasoning Quiz for LIC AAO 2016.
Directions (Q. 1-5): Study the following information to answer the questions:
In a certain code 'rural and urban divide' is written as 'na ku zu la', 'gap in rural infrastructure' is written as 'kt la vm pl', 'urban planning more important' is written as 'ti na cu bu' and 'more divide than gap' is written as 'pl cu dm zu' (All codes are two-letter codes only.)
1. What is the code for 'and' in the given code language?
2. Which of the following may represent 'important theory planning' in the given code language?
1) la bu ti
2) ti bu kt
3) bu pl ti
4) bu xt ti
5) gm ti vm
3. Which of the following represents 'more rural' in the given code language?
1) cu pl
2) vm la
3) la cu
4) cu ti
5) la ku
4. What does the code 'dm' stand for in the given code language?
1) Either 'gap' or 'more'
5. What is the code for 'infrastructure' in the given code language?
3) Either 'kt' or 'vm'
|Solutions - rural and urban divide > na ku zu la ... (i)|
gap in rural infrastructure > kt la vm pl ... (ii)
urban planning more important > ti na cu bu ... (iii)
more divide than gap > pl cu dm zu ... (iv)
Now, from (i) and (ii), rural > la ... (v)
From (i) and (iii), urban > na ... (vi)
From (i) and (iv), divide > zu ... (vii)
From (i), (v), (vi) and (vii), and > ku ... (viii)
From (ii) and (iv), gap > pl ... (ix)
From (iii) and (iv), more > cu ... (x)
Now, from (ii), (v) and (ix)
in/infrastructure > kt/vm ... (xi)
From (iii), (vi) and (x) planning/important > ti/bu
From (iv), (vii), (ix) and (x) than > dm
Directions (Q. 6-10): Study the information and answer the question:
Nine friends A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H and I are sitting around a circular table (with equal distances between each other) facing the centre, but not necessarily in the same order. D sits second to the right of F. Only two people sit between D and C. H is an immediate neighbour of E. Neither H nor E is an immediate neighbour of C or D. Only two people sit between A and E. G sits third to the right of A. B sits second to the left of C. Only one person sits between C and E.
6. Who amongst the following sits exactly between A and I, when counted from the left side of A?
7. If E and B interchange their places and so do A and C, then who will sit exactly between A and E?
8. Four among the given five pairs are alike in a certain way based on the given arrangement, and thus form a group. Which amongst the following pairs does not belong to the group?
1) B, A
2) I, E
3) A, D
4) G, C
5) H, F
9. Who sits second to the right of G?
10. Which of the following should come in place of question mark (?) according to the given seating arrangement?
A B C E F ?
11. How many meaningful English words can be formed with the letters 'NOEC' using all the letters, but each letter only once in each word?
5) More than three
|Solutions - ONCE, CONE. Thus only two words can be formed.|