Hello and welcome to ExamPundit. Here is a set of English Quiz for IBPS Clerk Prelims 2015.
Directions (Q. 1-5): Each question below has a blank/ two blanks, each blank indicating that something has been omitted. Choose the word/ set of words from the five options for each blank that best fits the meaning of the sentence as a whole.
1. We were surprised to know that our friend was of royal ______.
2. ______ of the highly educated people is a huge ______ on the country's resources.
1) Fight, draw
2) Position, aspect
3) Plight, drain
4) Struggle, issue
5) Rank, exhaust
3. No ______ reasons have been given for the sudden flight of refugees ______ this area.
1) proper, for
2) correct, along
3) suitable, among
4) valid, from
5) compelling, counter
4. The modern ______ of communication have ______ distance.
1) ways, deep
2) methods, destroyed
3) paths, shortened
4) means, annihilated
5) gadgets, developed
5. These remarks about the dominance of casteism in elections are quite ____ to the present ____.
1) apposite, position
2) opposite, fact
3) relevance, media
4) significance, party
5) applaudable, generation
Directions (Q. 6 - 10): Rearrange the following six sentences (A), (B), (C), (D), (E) and (F) in a proper sequence to form a meaningful paragraph and then answer the questions given below.
A) These days technology has revolutionized the very concept of a wrist watch.
B) Almost a majority of the people wear a watch worn round the wrist, it measures time in minutes, hours etc.
C) The day is not far when we shall have a little TV fitted into a wrist watch.
D) A wrist watch may be wound or automatic.
E) Wrist watches have become an integral part of human beings, due to their utilities.
F) One may have a choice of leather or metal of gold or silver while choosing a strap for the wrist watch.
6. What is the LAST sentence after rearrangement?
1) A 2) B 3) C 4) E 5) F
7. What is the THIRD sentence after rearrangement?
1) A 2) B 3) D 4) F 5) E
8. What is the FIFTH sentence after rearrangement?
1) A 2) C 3) D 4) E 5) F
9. What is the FIRST sentence after rearrangement?
1) B 2) A 3) C 4) D 5) E
10. What is the FOURTH sentence after rearrangement?
1) A 2) B 3) C 4) D 5) F