Hello and welcome to ExamPundit. Here is the Daily Word List Set 30.
1. Alibi: a reason or excuse why someone could not have done something.
Example: The detective sought to find a hole in the convicted felon’s alibi.
2. Waver: to be uncertain.
Example: I am certain of my selection so my decision will not waver.
3. Retaliate: to respond to an attack in some way
Example: My first instinct was to retaliate and scream back at her.
4. Peccadillo: a small mistake or fault
Example: Because Josh had grown tired of Patty’s criticism of every little peccadillo, he asked her for a divorce.
5. Inure: to become immune to unpleasant events or situations.
Example: Raising three dramatic daughters will inure you to temper tantrums.
6. Puerile: silly or childish especially in a way that shows a lack of seriousness or good judgment.
Example: Since my son is thirty-three years of age, I do not find his puerile behavior amusing.
7. Pauper: a person who lives in poverty
Example: The pauper had no money and slept under a bridge.
8. Iota: a tiny amount.
Example: If there is even one iota of doubt, the jury should not find the defendant guilty.
9. Candid: truthful and straightforward.
Example: Because the politician made a candid speech, he earned the respect of the voters.
10. Illusory: founded on something that is not genuine.
Example: Linda started an illusory friendship with her rival as part of her plan to destroy the girl’s reputation.