Hello and welcome to ExamPundit. Here is the 29th Set of Daily Word List to increase your vocabulary.
1. Cunning: something done skillfully or with clever deception
Example: My sister and brother have a competition every year to see who can think up the most cunning April Fool’s trick.
2. Cursory: something done quickly with little attention to detail
Example: After doing a cursory head count, Claire realized that two of the campers were not in their tents.
3. Eschew: to avoid something which you do not think is right or proper.
Example: Since my husband believes chores are a woman’s work, he tries to eschew them around the house.
4. Preface: the opening or introduction of a presentation or book.
Example: During his preface, the host thanked everyone who participated in the competition.
5. Unscathed: untouched or not damaged.
Example: Despite the vase’s tumble from the shelf, it is unscathed.
6. Adage: old saying that has come to be accepted as truth over time
Example: He gets tired of all the same old sayings, so he is always trying to come up with a new adage.
7. Milieu: the environment in which one experiences life
Example: Because my father grew up in a military milieu, he knew he wanted to join the armed forces when he graduated from high school.
8. Midst: the time when something is taking place
Example: Since I had not studied for the exam, I was happy when the fire alarm went off in the midst of the test.
9. Supplant: to kick out or replace in a rough manner
Example: If my stepmother thinks she can supplant my real mother, then she has a rude awakening in her future!
10. Gestalt: an entity viewed as more than a collection of its parts.
Example: In the field of psychology, gestalt is seen as a combined entity or whole.