Hello and welcome to ExamPundit. Here is the 28th Set of Daily Word List to boost up your vocabulary.
1. Unalloyed: completely genuine.
Example: My best friend announced her unalloyed happiness for my engagement.
2. Vigil: period of keeping awake during normal sleeping hours, especially to keep watch or pray.
Example: Part of his nightly vigil was kneeling down at the foot of his bed in prayer.
3. Wary: caution; guarded; careful.
Example: One of the most important lessons that parents must teach young children is to always be wary of strangers.
4. Zest: a great amount of enthusiasm
Example: Kate's zest for running keeps her very active.
5. Supersede: to replace someone or something.
Example: In time, the features of the smartphone may supersede those of the personal computer.
6. Surmount: to conquer a problem or obstacle.
Example: Good teachers encourage students to surmount their challenges.
7. Repugnant: repulsive or offensive
Example: The smell was completely repugnant to the pregnant woman.
8. Desist: to stop doing something
Example: The document from the court orders the magazine to desist from publishing false stories about the actor.
9. Bureaucracy: a method of business or government in which red tape processes are used to delay action
Example: The bureaucracy of the legislative government is delaying the passage of much needed educational funding.
10. Relinquish: to give up, abandon.
Example: If you relinquish your right to an attorney, it could lead to some serious difficulty when you go before the judge.