Hello and welcome to ExamPundit. Here is the 25th Set of Daily Word List.
1. Prudent: marked by wisdom or sound judgment.
Example: It is not prudent to go swimming during a hurricane.
2. Supercilious: people who think very highly of themselves.
Example: The supercilious woman demands special treatment for being pretty.
3. Inexorable: not able to be persuaded or stopped by any means; stubborn.
Example: Of course, the public is enraged by the inexorable rise in gas prices.
4. Acerbic: expressing harsh or sharp criticism in a clever way.
Example: The writer’s acerbic tone did not sit well with people who had an issue with harsh criticism.
5. Momentous: of huge significance.
Example: It was a momentous occasion when the development team finished the project on time.
6. Prognosis: the predicted outcome of a situation.
Example: After being hit by a car, the small dog’s health prognosis was not good.
7. Emaciated: abnormally thin or weak, especially because of illness or a lack of food.
Example: The emaciated boy was too weak to fight off his kidnapper.
8. Abridge: to make shorter.
Example: His agent told him that he needed to abridge some of the content of his novel so that it would be under 400 pages.
9. Enigmatic: full of mystery and difficult to understand.
Example: When I was growing up, I viewed my father as an enigmatic man who rarely spent time with me.
10. Fiasco: a total disaster.
Example: Because there was no food or music at the party, everyone said the event was a fiasco.