Hello and welcome to ExamPundit. Here is the 23rd Set of Daily Word List.
1. Tirade: a long and angry speech.
Example:- The police arrested my Uncle after he refused to end his tirade outside the courthouse.
2. Ablution: the act of washing or cleansing.
Example: Once I have my cup of coffee and do my morning ablution, including brushing and flossing, I’m ready to start my day.
3. Bogus: not real; fake.
Example: The jewelry store owner was arrested for selling bogus diamonds as genuine gems.
4. Circumscribe: to limit the range or scope of something to a particular degree
Example: When my husband drinks too much, I hide his car keys to circumscribe his capacity to drive.
5. Propitiate: to make things right by doing something that is requested
Example: Only an idiot believes he can propitiate his way into heaven by giving the church all of his money.
6. Recidivism: the act of repeatedly committing crimes
Example: Because the state prison is so awful, prisoners who are sentenced there tend to avoid recidivism.
7. Torpid: lazy or inactive.
Example: My torpid brother rests on the couch all day.
8. Subpoena: a legal document requiring an individual to appear in court.
Example: As soon as I received the subpoena, I knew I had to testify during the trial.
9. Satire: a literary work or device that makes fun of its subject.
Example: The latest biography of the president is a satire designed to mock the leader.
10. Sully: to ruin or damage.
Example: The accusation of child abuse is sure to sully the teacher’s reputation and cause him his job.