Hello and welcome to ExamPundit. Here is the 21st Set of Daily Word Lists to Increase to you vocabulary.
1. Acme: the highest peak that is reachable.
Example: At her acme, the singer was making over thirty million dollars a year.
2. Clamour: to ask for loudly.
Example: As soon as the people learn about the little boy’s murder, they are going to clamor for justice.
3. Derision: being laughed at or ridiculed.
Example: You should praise me for my actions rather than laugh in derision.
4. Dogmatic: to strongly state unsupported opinions or beliefs as if they were absolute facts.
Example: I don’t mean to come across as dogmatic, but I am certain I am correct on this issue!
5. Genesis: the point at which something comes into existence; the beginning.
Example: Genesis is the first chapter of the Bible’s Old Testament.
6. Abyss: an area that appears endless and immeasurable.
Example: If you’re an alcoholic, the temptation to drink may seem like a huge abyss.
7. Restive: feeling bored or impatient while waiting for something to happen or change
Example: After just a week of summer vacation, the kids were bored and restive, demanding new things to do.
8. Sardonic: displaying disrespect in a scornful way.
Example: The criminal had a sardonic smile on his face when he shot at the police officer.
9. Tranquil: relaxed; peaceful.
Example: The yoga instructor will show us the best way to reach a tranquil state.
10. Feral: unruly or wild, often related to animals.
Example: The feral dog would not approach humans.
:: DOWNLOAD THE PREVIOUS 200+ Words PDF ::