Hello and welcome to ExamPundit. Here is the 20th set of Daily Word List.
1. Culpable: guilty; deserving blame
Example: The judge found the man culpable of the crime and sentenced him to life in prison.
2. Eclectic: something that is made up of various sources or styles.
Example: In Gerald’s library, you will find an eclectic mix of books because he will read just about anything.
3. Iridescent: exhibiting a wide range of brilliant colors like a rainbow.
Example: The singer’s iridescent necklace glowed brightly under the spotlight.
4. Judicious: showing intelligence and good judgment.
Example: Without judicious planning, we will not be able to complete the project on time.
5. Somatic: something that relates to the physical body.
Example: They sought permission to create these embryos, using a process called somatic cell nuclear transfer.
6. Camouflage: hide or disguise.
Example: The portal was camouflaged by sand and shrubs.
7. Doff: take off
Example: We doff our caps to show respect
8. Facile: easily performed.
Example: While the adults found the video game complicated, the teenagers thought it was facile and easily played.
9. Hallucination: something that someone sees or imagines that is not really there
Example:- I was so tired when I got home, I had a hallucination of inanimate objects moving, so I went straight to bed.
10. Humus: partially decomposed organic matter.
Example: It is covered with a thick sheet of black earth, a kind of loess, that is mixed with humus.