Hello and welcome to ExamPundit. Here is the 19th Set of Daily Word List.
1. Boisterous: noisy, energetic and cheerful.
Example: our boisterous actions at church cannot be tolerated.
2. Capitulate: to surrender under certain terms
Example: I will not capitulate on this deal unless I receive the stock options I have requested!
3. Replete: having much or plenty of something.
Example: History is replete with examples of the dangers of war.
4. Ruse: a plan or plot to mislead someone
Example: The security guard knew the girls were going to try and use a distractive ruse in order to shoplift.
5. Sloth: reluctance to work or make an effort ; laziness.
Example: Obesity is still widely seen as preventable and a lifestyle choice related to sloth and gluttony.
6. Gluttony: habitual greed or excess in eating.
Example: During the holidays, I usually give in to gluttony and gain at least ten pounds.
7. Arsenal: a collection of weapons and military equipment
Example: The principal war arsenal is in Rio de Janeiro.
8. Strident: (sound) loud and harsh
Example: The old man’s voice was so strident that I gritted my teeth every time he spoke to me.
9. Grit: small, often abrasive, particles of sand or stone
Example: Grit and determination are great for starters
10. Utopia: an imagined place or state of things in which everything is perfect.
Example: In Simran’s utopia, everyone would wait on her and call her Princess Simran.