Hello and welcome to ExamPundit. Here is a set of English Quiz for IBPS Clerk Prelims 2015.
Directions (Q. 1-10): In the following passage, some of the words have been left out, each of which is indicated by a number. Find the suitable word from the options given against each number and fill up the blanks with appropriate words to make the paragraph meaningfully complete.
When we discuss about discrimination then in our country, we felt discrimination even in the game of chess, as the white piece is moved first. People are not disabled __1__ their choice. It occurs. Congenital since birth, progressive degeneration is a medical condition or due to an accident. This disabled with __2__ support from family and doctors learn to __3__ with the new reality and fit in a society which is not compatible both attitudinally and infrastructural. I am suffering from an injury and a permanent disability due to an accident. More than 2 million people in India are suffering from this devastating, life- altering injury due to accidents. There is no cure, only lifelong rehabilitation can allow us to have a __4__ quality of life. At no point could I go to a store and ask, "Could you please give a __5__ of kilos of dignity?" In exchange for some money. No one can buy dignity or self-respect or expect it to be __6__ out to us __7__ take is that as soon as we ask, expect or demand, we __8__ smaller, lower, inferior and weaker. This would be undignified to say the least. We, the people with disability, have __9__ earn and command dignity. We earn respect for what we do and achieve and how we achieve it. Also for our character __10__ human beings first and foremost.
1. (a) derange (b) by (c) with (d) to (e) through
2. (a) spotless (b) segregate (c) elegant (d) immense (e) Avow
3. (a) cope (b) play (c) trench (d) curtail (e) flow
4. (a) slander (b) drudge (c) thwart (d) unused (e) threshold
5. (a) ascetic (b) innate (c) couple (d) sobriety (e) stern
6. (a) doled (b) ease (c) officious (d) stout (e) convene
7. (a) Restore (b) my (c) hazy (d) naive (e) lessen
8. (a) Emend (b) pleasure (c) senile (d) active (e) become
9. (a) now (b) been (c) to (d) mend (e) there
10. (a) soon (b) will (c) and (d) as (e) ardently