Hello and welcome to ExamPundit. Here is the Daily Word List Set 8 prepared by our very own Wazza.
1. Aggrandize- Augment, Increase
"An action intended to aggrandize the Frankish dynasty"
2. Despicable- Contemptible, Disgraceful
"A despicable crime"
3. Fervent- Ardent, Passionate, Friendly or affectionate
"A fervent supporter of the revolution"
4. Mortify- Humiliate, Sacrifice
"She was mortified to see her wrinkles in the mirror"
5. Leeway- Scope, Range, Freedom, Liberty
"The government had greater leeway to introduce reforms"
6. Insipid- Lacking spirit or interest, Dull
"Mugs of insipid coffee"
7. Marauder- Outlaw, Pirate, Looter
"A band of English marauders were surprised and overcome"
8. Pinnate- Feathered, Winged
9. Alleviate- To lessen or reduce, To mitigate
"He couldn't prevent her pain, only alleviate it"
10. Obstinate- Unyielding, Adamant, Stubborn
"Her obstinate determination to pursue a career in radio"
11. Rancour- Animosity, Bitterness, Virulence
"He spoke without rancour"
12. Gourmand- A person who eats greedily
13. Concord- Harmony, Agreement
"A pact of peace and concord"
14. Umbrage- Offence, Suspicion of injury
"She took umbrage at his remarks"
15. Elucidate- To make clear, To illustrate
"Work such as theirs will help to elucidate this matter"