Hello and welcome to ExamPundit. Here is the Daily Word List Set 7 prepared by our very own Wazza.
1. Ambiguous- Doubtful, Indistinct
Eg. His role has always been ambiguous.
2. Effrontery- Impudence, Shamelessness
Eg. He had the effrontery to accuse me of lying!
3. Demur- To object, To disagree
Eg. At first she demurred, but then finally agreed.
4. Itinerant- Migrant, Wandering
Eg. To lead an itinerant life.
5. Outright- Complete and total
Eg. She was the outright winner
6. Humdinger- Something that is very exciting or impressive
Eg. It turned into a real humdinger of the game.
7. Jettison- To abandon, To reject
Eg. He was jettisoned as a team coach after the defeat.
8. Omnipotent- Supreme, Almighty, All-powerful
Eg. An omnipotent god.
9. Wet Blanket- A gloomy person preventing the enjoyment of others
Eg. Don’t be a wet blanket.
10. Voluble- Fluent in speech, Talkative
Eg. Pooja was very voluble on the subject of women’s rights.
11. Gullible- Easily deceived or tricked
Eg. The advt. is aimed at gullible young women worried about their weight.
12. Harry- To plunder, To ravage, To destroy
Eg. She has been harried by the press all week.
13. Impugn- Criticize, To oppose
Eg. There were no real grounds for impugning the decision.
14. Congenital- Inborn
Eg. He’s a congenital liar.
15. Kindred- Related, Associated
Eg. Food and kindred products.