Hello and welcome to ExamPundit. Here is the Daily Word List Set 6 prepared by our very own Wazza.
1. Antipathy- Aversion, Dislike, Negative feeling
Eg. His professional judgement was coloured by his personal antipathies.
2. Charlatan- An impostor, A fraud
Eg. He knows nothing about medicine-he’s a complete charlatan.
3. Gall- Irritate, Annoy, Provoke
Eg. Words full of venom and gall.
4. Misconstrue- Misunderstand, Confuse, To interpret wrongly
Eg. He deliberately misconstrued everything I said.
5. Putrid- Rotten, Stinking
Eg. The putrid smell of meat.
6. Remiss- Negligent, Careless
Eg. It was remiss of them not to inform us of these changes sooner.
7. Labyrinth- A maze, A complicated series of paths
Eg. We lost our way in the labyrinth of streets.
8. Knavery- Dishonesty, Miscreants
Eg. Beware of knavery traders in the tourist area.
9. Ingenuous- Genuine, Candid, Frank
Eg. You’re too ingenuous.
10. Hazy- Ill-defined, Not clear
Eg. The mountains were hazy in the distance.
11. Vociferous- Noisy, Loud outcry
Eg. Vociferous protests.
12. Welter- A state of turmoil, Agitation or confusion
Eg. A welter of information.
13. Dint- Effort, Strength, Power
Eg. He succeeded by dint of hard work.
14. Optimum- Ideal, Best
Eg. The optimum use of resources.
15. Jester- A professional joker
Eg. The court jester.