Hello and welcome to ExamPundit. Here is the Daily Word List Set 5 prepared by our very own Wazza.
1. Ameliorate- To make better, To improve
Eg. "The reform did much to ameliorate living standards"
2. Effeminate- Womanish, Feminine
Eg. "Gentle, kind, effeminate remorse"
3. Demented- Out of one’s mind, crazy, insane
Eg. "She was demented with worry"
4. Irrefragable- Unanswerable, That cannot be refuted
Eg. "This part of the argument must appear to every reader as irrefragable."
5. Palatial- Grand, Elegant, Luxurious
Eg. "Her palatial apartment in Mayfair"
6. Humane- Merciful, Kind
Eg. "Regulations ensuring the humane treatment of animals"
7. Jingoism- Chauvinism, Fanaticism
Eg. "The popular jingoism that swept the lower–middle classes"
8. Onus- Responsibility, Burden
Eg. "The onus is on you to show that you have suffered loss"
9. Vitriolic- Full of anger and hatred
Eg. "Vitriolic attacks on the politicians"
10. Lambent- Flickering, Glowing
Eg. "The magical, lambent light of the north"
11. Knell- The sound of bell
Eg. "The knell of parting day"
12. Mundane- Earthly, Worldly, Ordinary
Eg. "According to the Shinto doctrine, spirits of the dead can act upon the mundane world"
13. Relinquish- To let go, To give up
Eg. "He relinquished his managerial role to become chief executive"
14. Galvanize- Stimulate, Activate, Excite
Eg. "The urgency of his voice galvanized them into action"
15. Secede- To withdraw
Eg. "The kingdom of Belgium seceded from the Netherlands in 1830"