Hello and welcome to ExamPundit. Here is the 18th Set of Daily Word List.
1. Avow: to make it known or to admit to it.
Example: Ramesh and Geeta avow their passion for Hollywood films.
2. Cartographer: a map or chart maker.
Example: A cartographer helped draw out a map of the family's location.
3. Dyspeptic: a person with poor digestion, , a depressed person.
Example: The women felt dyspeptic after eating cheese.
4. Inane: someone or something that is dumb, pointless, silly or stupid.
Example: My debate team was losing the debate, because too many of the team members didn't research the topic, so their arguments were inane.
5. Harrowing: acutely distressing.
Example: This has been a harrowing investigation for them.
6. Thrifty: careful about spending money.
Example: He was a thrifty traveler.
7. Vindicate: to clear someone of criticism or blame.
Example: You can vindicate your claim to this property by showing us the original deed.
8. Alacrity: brisk and cheerful readiness.
Example: Having studied really hard last night, the student took the exam with alacrity.
9. Sonorous: capable of producing a deep or ringing sound.
Example: Even without a microphone, the singer’s sonorous voice filled the entire room.
10. Onus: the responsibility for something.
Example: It is the onus of the applicant to completely fill out the application materials.