Hello and welcome to ExamPundit. Here is the 17th Set of Daily Word List.
1. Nefarious: wicked or criminal.
Example: The nefarious September 11th attacks did not weaken America.
2. Amble: walk or move at a slow, relaxed pace
Example: They began to amble away as a group while the spokesman opened the door of the mission for me.
3. Loath: reluctant; unwilling.
Example: He is as private an actor as they come; he is loath to tell you what he had for lunch.
4. Malevolent: having or showing a wish to do evil to others.
Example: How malevolent of you to wish that I was dead!
5. Visage: a person's face, with reference to the form or proportions of the features.
Example: The model’s visage earned her many cover photos.
6. Despondent: in low spirits from loss of hope or courage
Example: Whenever I feel despondent, I call my friends to make me smile.
7. Wistful: thinking sadly or pensively.
Example: I can’t help feeling slightly wistful about the perks I’m giving up.
8. Tensile: stretchable
Example: Certain materials has high tensile strength.
9. Pragmatic: practical.
Example: The manager took pragmatic decision based on the situation.
10. Allege: assert, state without proof.
Example: It is alleged that he committed the murder.