Hello and welcome to ExamPundit. Here is the 16th set of Daily Word List.
1. Insular: separated from other people or cultures; not knowing or interested in new or different ideas
Example: Because the insular man had lived on a deserted island for several years, he was not very good at making conversation.
2. Amalgamate: combine or unite to form one organization or structure.
Example: The two churches will amalgamate their fundraisers in order to raise more money as a group.
3. Alcove: small recessed section in a room, such as a nook.
Example: Kris reached an alcove out of sight of the crowds and faced her
4. Cede: to give up or surrender power or territory.
Example: Napoleon had forced the Portuguese government to cede to him the northernmost arm of the mouth of the Amazon
5. Euphoria: feeling of well-being and great happiness.
Example: When she received her acceptance letter to Harvard, she was in a state of euphoria for weeks.
6. Immure: entomb or to imprison.
Example: 1826, were again immured and buried, but were found to be dead,
7. Lectern: a stand with an area on top to hold books or notes.
Example: An old oak lectern, dating from the middle of the 15th century, carries a chained copy of the novel
8. Livid: discolored by a bruise or someone furious with anger.
Example: His face was livid, the veins standing out on his neck.
9. Ambiance: as the atmosphere or feeling of a place.
Example: The restaurant has a romantic ambience.
10. Misogynist: one who hates women.
Example: He holds the reputation for being a misogynist.