Hello and welcome to ExamPundit. Here is the 14th set of Daily Word List.
1. Wayward: being insistent, having your own way, being headstrong or unpredictable.
Example: We went wayward on our journey and arrived two hours late.
2. Yearn: to want something strongly.
Example: If you yearn to expand your taste buds, you should try food from a different culture.
3. Zenith: the highest point or peak.
Example: I wish him zenith amount of success in his upcoming projects.
4. Vagrant: living on the streets, wandering.
Example: The vagrant does not appear to work and frequently asks tourists for money.
5. Vigilant: watchful and alert.
Example: In the aftermath of the hurricane, the engineer had to stay vigilant as he looked far ahead for hazards on the track.
6. Trivial: insignificant, or of no importance.
Example: It’s a complete waste of time and energy to continue to argue over such a trivial matter.
7. Pique: arouse someone's interest, curiosity or resentment.
Example: Hopefully the movie trailer will pique the interest of moviegoers.
8. Liable: likely to do or experience something or to having legal responsibility for something.
Example: If you poke a bear, you are liable to get hurt.
9. Defile: something unclean, either literally or figuratively.
Example: Humans continue to defile the planet with their extravagance and waste of natural resources.
10. Abate: less or lower in amount or force than at a prior time.
Example: I hope this medicine will abate the pain in my leg.
::CLICK HERE TO VIEW THE 13th SET::