Hello and welcome to ExamPundit. Here are the Important Current Affairs Update of 21st November, 2015. These are Important for the upcoming Banking and Insurance Exams.
Books For 2015 Banking/Insurance Exams
Rajasthan Government signed 295 MoUs attracting 3.3 lakh crore rupees investment
- Rajasthan Government on 20 November 2015 signed 295 MoUs attracting about 3.3 lakh crore rupees investment during the Resurgent Partnership Summit 2015. With this, a task force will be formed to get the projects implemented in a time-bound manner.
Highlights of the MoUs
- It aims to provide around 239694 lakh jobs in the state.
- The Energy sector got MoUs worth 190000 crore rupees followed by Petroleum with 77657 crore rupees worth MoUs.
- Infrastructure got MoUs worth 17038 crore rupees while Manufacturing sector of the state fetched MoUs worth 11760 crore rupees.
- Roads and Highways fetched 10000 crore rupees MoUs.
Francois Hollande to be Chief Guest at 2016 Republic Day celebrations
- French President Francois Hollande will be the chief guest at the Republic Day parade of January 26, 2016. Though official sources are yet to confirm this information, Julien Bouissou, the South Asia correspondent of French daily La Monde has tweeted the same. He later on clarified that his information was based on the French sources.
- The visit of Mr. Hollande to New Delhi for the mega pageant of January 26 will be symbolic and send a message of a worldwide solidarity among the democratic countries against terrorism of the IS which staged the November 13 attacks in Paris.
- France is going to host the COP 21, Paris Climate Conference, summit in Paris starting from November 30. French ambassador Francoise Richier told the media in Delhi earlier this week that the climate conference, though overshadowed by the terror attacks will go ahead as planned but for some changes about the peripheral events planned for the summit. Prime Minister Narendra Modi is expected to attend the COP21 brainstorming in Paris, said official sources earlier this week.
Rajasthan, South Australia signed Sister-State Agreement
- Rajasthan and South Australia on 20 November 2015 signed the historic Sister-State Agreement to boost export and investment opportunities between the two states.
- The agreement was signed by South Australia Trade and Investment Trade Minister Martin Hamilton-Smith and Rajasthan Chief Minister Vasundhara Raje in Rajasthan.
Highlights of the agreement
- The sister-state relationship between South Australia and Rajasthan is based on a two-way exchange of research, policy and technical capabilities.
- The agreement provides partnership opportunities across key sectors where South Australian business will offer services and product support.
Jharkhand Day celebrated at India International Trade Fair
- Jharkhand celebrated its state day at the India International Trade Fair in New Delhi on Saturday. Amid a host of traditional and cultural activities showcasing the art and dance forms of different regions of Jharkhand, some 200 people visited the event.
- Inaugurating the event, which was also attended by Chief Secretary Rajiv Gauba, Jharkhand Chief Minister Raghubar Das said: “Jharkhand this time is the partner State of IITF, 2015, and it is a real pride for us.” Das also visited the stalls at the Jharkhand pavilion and praised the arrangements.
Yusuf Hamied appointed to high-level UN panel on health
- Yusuf Hamied, non-executive chairman of Indian pharma company Cipla, has been named by UN chief Ban Ki-moon to a high-level panel on health technology innovation and access. The panel is tasjed with escalating investments in research and development for diseases where financial returns are not guaranteed.
- Hamied will be part of the 16-member panel that will be co-chaired by former President of Switzerland Ruth Dreifuss and former President of Botswana Festus Mogae.
- The UN said Hamied has led efforts to treat and eradicate AIDS and other diseases in the developing world, and to give patients life-saving medicines regardless of their ability to pay.
- He offered the world's first affordable AIDS medicine at the unprecedented cost of $1 per day in 2001.
Harshavardhan Neotia elected as President of FICCI
- Harshavardhan Neotia, Chairman of Ambuja Neotia group, was on 20 November 2015 elected as the President of industry body Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FICCI) for the year 2016.
- Neotia will succeed the current FICCI President Jyotsna Suri, Chairperson and Managing Director of Bharat Hotels Ltd, during the chamber's AGM in December 2015.