Hello and welcome to ExamPundit. Here are the Important Current Affairs of 14th November, 2015. These are Important for the upcoming IBPS Clerk and Insurance Exams.
Books For 2015 Banking/Insurance Exams
Terrorist attack in Paris; Hundreds Killed
- Terrorists on 13 November 2015 attacked six locations around Paris killing around 160 civilians and injuring another 200 people and security personnel.
- While majority of the deaths occurred in the Bataclan concert venue, around 80000 football fans in the Stade de France (National Stadium of France) came under the deadliest attacks who were watching a friendly match between France and Germany.
- To deal with impending attacks, France President Francois Hollande, who was at the venue during the attack, immediately convened an emergency cabinet meeting outside the stadium and announced a state of emergency.
RBI Governor Dr Raghuram Rajan elected as Vice-Chairman on BIS Board
- Dr Raghuram Rajan, Governor of the Reserve Bank of India (RBI), on 9 November 2015 was elected as the Vice-Chairman on the Board of Directors of BIS.
- With this, he became the first Indian to be elected to this position in the Bank for International Settlements (BIS).
- In this capacity, he will serve the BIS for three years starting from 10 November 2015 and will assist the Chairman of the BIS Board in his/her functioning.
- At present, Jens Weidmann is the Chairman of the Board of Directors. He is also the head of Bundesbank, the German banking regulator.
Children’s Day observed across India on 14 November
- Children’s Day was observed on 14 November 2015 across the country. To mark the occasion, the Ministry of Women and Child Development at the Union level and the child welfare departments at the state level conducted programmes with focus on child development.
- Besides, the President of India Pranab Mukherjee presented National Child Awards to recognize the achievements of children and the services of individuals and institutions working for the welfare of children.
- The awards included National Child Award for Exceptional Achievement 2015, Rajiv Gandhi Manav Seva Award 2015 and National Award for Child Welfare 2014.
- And, 19th edition of biennial International Children’s film festival of India (ICFFI) popularly known as The Golden Elephant was inaugurated in Hyderabad. It will be held till 20 November 2015.
World Pneumonia Day observed with the theme Every Breath Counts: Stop Pneumonia Now
- World Pneumonia Day was observed on 12 November 2015 across the world with the theme Every Breath Counts: Stop Pneumonia Now.
- To mark the occasion, special programmes were held to raise awareness of pneumonia, promote prevention and treatment and generate action to fight the illness.
- Further, a special Pneumonia Innovations Summit was organized by the World Health Organisation (WHO) in New York to discuss the strategies to deal with it.
- The theme for 2015 conveys the urgency to stop pneumonia from claiming lives globally.
Smriti Irani inaugurates National Children Assembly
- Union Human Resources Development (HRD) Minister Smriti Irani on Saturday inaugurated the National Children Assembly at Bal Bhawan here.
- She also announced that a programme called Seema Darshan will be arranged on January 26th next year, when awardee artists would performance for soldiers and troops guarding the border.
- Speaking on the occasion, the minister said that the children are the custodian of nation's cultural legacy.
- She lauded the concerted efforts of all State Governments, school teachers and stakeholders in accomplishing the task of meeting 100 percent target of constructing separate toilets for boys and girls in schools within a period of one year since the announcement made by the Prime Minister Modi on August 15.