Hello and welcome to ExamPundit. Here is a set of General Knowledge Quiz for SSC CHSL 2015.
1. Who among the Delhi Sultans died of a sudden fall from a horse at Lahore while playing Chaugan ?
(a) Qutbuddin Aibak
(d) Jalaluddin Khilji
2. Who is the proponent and propagandist of the “Art of Living”?
(a) Maharshi Mahesh Yogi
(b) Sri Ravi Shankar
(c) Swami Chinmayananda
(d) Bhagwan Rajneesh
3. Which of the following Mahatma Gandhi series of currency notes issued by the RBI has a drawing of the ‘Parliament House’ depicted on it?
(a) Rs. 500
(b) Rs. 100
(c) Rs. 50
(d) Rs. 10
4. Duncan Passage is located between
(a) South and Little Andaman
(b) North and South Andaman
(c) North and Middle Andaman
(d) Andaman and Nicobar
5. According to the UN Convention on the Rights of the Child which of the following is not a right?,
(a) Safe drinking water
(b) Adequate standard of living
(d) Protection from exploitation
6. The best conductor of heat among the following is
7. Which amongst the following States/UTs has no identified tribal community?
(a) Uttar Pradesh
(c) Andhra Pradesh
8. What is “milk of magnesia” chemically?
(d) magnesium hydroxide
9. Point out which from the following is not a Right enumerated in the Constitution of India but has been articulated by the Supreme Court to be a Fundamental Right?
(a) Right to life
(b) Equality of opportunity in matters of public employment.
(c) Protection of personal liberty
(d) Right to permanent housing
10. What are “Open Market Operations”?
(a) Activities of SEBI registered brokers
(b) Selling of currency by the RBI
(c) Selling of gilt-edged securities by the Government
(d) Sale of shares by FIIs
11. Which rulers built the Ellora temples?
12. Which is the first national park established in India?
(a) Velvadan National Park
(b) Periyar National Park
(c) Bandipur National Park
(d) Corbett National Park
13. Who amongst the following also had the name ‘Devanama Piyadassi’?
(a) Maiiryan King Ashoka
(b) Mauryan King Chandragupta Maurya
(c) Gautam Buddha
(d) Bhagwan Mahavira
14. India lies in the ................ hemisphere.
(a) northern and eastern
(b) southern and eastern
(c) northern and western
(d) northern and southern
15. In which part of the eye lies the pigment that decides the colour of the eyes of a person?
(d) Vitreous body