Hello and welcome to ExamPundit. Here is a set of English Quiz for IBPS PO Mains 2015.
Directions (Q. 1-0): Each sentence below has two blanks,
each blank indicating that something has been omitted. Choose the set of words
for each blank which best fits the meaning of the sentences as a whole.
1. Now that the apex court has issued a diktat to ___________ transgenders
as the third gender, societywould
do well to be ___________ and ensure that they get the benefits of schooling and
1) admit, merciful
2) recognise, compassionate
3) place, sympathetic
4) wake, humane
5) see, benevolent
2. The concept of inclusiveness ___________ at multiple levels which are
deeply ________ with eachother.
1) functions, entangled
2) acts, entrapped
3) does, hooked
4) behaves, engrossed
5) works, enmeshed
3. Environment protection and the struggle _________ natural resources
have long been of major________ for
indigenous peoples all over Latin America.
1) for, matter
2) about, interest
3) against, worry
4) over, concern
5) with, thing
4. The middle class with some surplus money is ___________ satisfied
with its wants and would not___________
the same to be curbed.
1) seldom, like
2) hardly, prefer
3) rarely, think
4) sometimes, hesitate
5) scarcely, seek
5. The famous ‘Tryst with Destiny; speech by India’s first Prime
Minister, Pandit Jawahar Lal Nehru,recognised
that freedom and power bring _________ and that it would be necessary to strive
to fulfilthe __________ made.
1) obligation, oath
2) responsibility, pledges
3) duty, now
4) burden, promise
5) liability, word
6. As per the present definition, the factory inspector ___________ all
factories located in an area to____________
a day other than Sunday as the weekly holiday.
1) permits, attend
2) allows, observe
3) assures, believe
4) admits, accept
5) grants, adhere
7. The family members of the victim said that the victim was being
_________ into _________ hercomplaint.
1) protected, accepting
2) disturbed, locating
3) allowed, maintaining
4) forced, preparing
5) threatened, withdrawing
8. The new management is pro-cleanliness and will __________ all the
employees who spit or smoke inthe
1) penalise, hours
2) punish, environment
3) warn, surrounding
4) fine, premises
5) pardon, area
9. Sixty-six years after India attained Independence, the government
has finally _____________ tochange
the measure to estimate the output of a steam-engine horsepower that is being
__________since the British Raj.
1) thought, operated
2) decided, used
3) planned, provided
4) caused, handled
5) reasoned, postponed
10. With women participation __________ sharply in the labour force
over the past decade, there is aneed
to improve __________ for them.