Hello and welcome to ExamPundit. Here is a set of English Quiz for IBPS PO Mains 2015.
Directions (Q. 1-5): Each question below has two blanks, each blank indicating that something has been omitted. Choose the set of words for each blank which best fits the meaning of the sentence as a where.
1. A media-based approach has been _____ to identify the factors that are _____ for the problems faced by the rural areas.
2) placed- accountable
3) approved - made
4) identified - liable
5) adopted - responsible
2. Farm living is dependent on _____ environmental conditions, and in times of drought, flood or pestilence, survival becomes extremely _____.
1) irregular - simple
2) sedentary - dangerous
3) erratic - easy
4) unpredictable - problematic
5) impulsive - tough
3. It is also a _____ of industrialization that farms become more mechanized, putting many labourers out of _____.
1) result - work
2) point - city
3) idea - labour
4) consequence - bounds
5) cause - employment
4. Since their inception, Regional Rural Banks (RRBs) have taken _____ roots and have become a sort of _____ part of the rural credit structure in India.
1) many - frivolous
2) to - vital
3) several - small
4) all - essential
5) deep - inseparable
5. Any new proposal in the education sector should _____ the changes for the rural poor to have a _____ education at par with their urban counter parts in their villages themselves.
1) increase - well
2) improve - good
3) search - standard
4) glorify- better
5) lessen – regular
Directions (6-10): Rearrange the following five sentences (A), (B), (C), (D) and (E) in the proper sequence to form a meaningful paragraph; then answer the questions given below them.
(A) Therefore, it is important to source a large part of economic growth in agriculture in rural non-agricultural activities and in productive expansion of the informal sector which all have high employment elasticity, as well as in an export strategy based on labour intensive exports.
(B) It is important because it creates more resources and has the potential of creating more space for the involvement of the poor.
(C) If the growth is sourced upon those sectors of the economy or those activities that have a natural tendency to involve the poor in their expansion, such growth helps poverty eradication.
(D) Economic growth is important.
(E) But this involvement depends on the sources of growth and the nature of growth.
6. Which of the following should be the FIRST sentence after rearrangement?
7. Which of the following should be the SECOND sentence after rearrangement?
8. Which of the following should be the THIRD sentence after rearrangement?
9. Which of the following should be the FOURTH sentence after rearrangement?
10. Which of the following should be the FIFTH sentence after rearrangement?