Direction (Q. 1-5): The following number series follows a pattern, identify the pattern and guess the next number which should continue the series:
1. 1170 1001 880 799 750 ?
(a) 710 (b) 699 (c) 725 (d) 650 (e) 600
2. 990 981 997 972 1008 ?
(a) 110 (b) 1020 (c) 900 (d) 959 (e) 725
3. 12 32 273 1602 8035 ?
(a) 10101 (b) 32643 (c) 19256 (d) 32124 (e) 40135
4. 18 14 12 4 2 ?
(a) 0 (b) 10 (c) 4 (d) –10 (e) –5
5. 10 12 30 102 428 ?
(a) 4280 (b) 2170 (c) 1420 (d) 2000 (e) 3230
Direction (6-10): The following questions contain one statement followed by two statements. Read the statements and answer how many statements are required to answer the questions. Answer according to the following codes:
(a) Only if statement I is sufficient to answer the question, while II is not.
(b) Only if statement II is sufficient to answer the question but I is not.
(c) If the question can be answered using any of the statement.
(d) If neither of them is sufficient together to answer
(e) If both are required to answer the question
6. An organisation has three types of officers, ie. Supervisors, managers and assistant manager, what is the monthly salary of assistant manager?
I. Assistant manager gets 10000 less than supervisors.
II. Total salary of supervisors and managers is ` 55000.
7. In a partnership business between A, B and C, what was the share of B's profit at the end of 3 years?
I. After 3 years A's share of profit was 20000.
II. B and C started the business with ratio 2 : 3.
8. What is the area of a square?
I. The length of diagonal of square is given.
II. The perimeter of the square is known.
9. What is the rate of interest p.a. on S.I. at the end of 2 years?
I. The difference between SI and CI on an amount is ` 1000 after 2 years.
II. The amount becomes double with SI after 2 years.
10. In how many days B can finish a piece of work?
I. A and B together can do it in 8 days.
II. B and C can together finish the work in 10 days