Hello and welcome to ExamPundit. Here is a set of English Quiz for the upcoming Bank Exams in 2015. The following quiz is based on Sentence Rearrangements and Fill in the Blanks.
Rearrange the following six sentences (A), (B), (C), (D), (E) and (F) in a proper sequence to form a meaningful paragraph and then answer the questions given below.
A) There was abject callousness in dealing with the recent floods, focusing solely on how to make it more tourist-friendly rather than planning for the rehabilitation of displaced residents.
B) The premise of carving out smaller States in India shifted from the formation of linguistic states to one of, since the 1990s, rearranging them on the basis of backwardness and a lack of development.
C) There was little concern demonstrated for the local people in whose name the State was created.
D) The mere formation of a smaller State is no guarantee for better lives for those social groups for whom these States have been created.
E) However, even a cursory look at how Uttarakhand, Chhattisgarh and Jharkhand have fared will tell us many facts.
F) Uttarakhand continues to be at the lower end in the Human Development Index.
1. What is the FOURTH sentence after rearrangement?
2. What is the THIRD sentence after rearrangement?
3. What is the LAST sentence after rearrangement?
4. What is the FIRST sentence after rearrangement?
5. What is the SECOND sentence after rearrangement?
Directions (Q. 6-10): Each question below has a blank/ two blanks, each blank indicating that something has been omitted. Choose the word/ set of words from the five options for each blank that best fits the meaning of the sentence as a whole.
6. A little ____ a million years ago, the briny waters of the Baltic Sea began ____ into the cold North Atlantic.
(a) Under … flooding
(b) Upper… flood
(c) Below… floods
(d) Between… flooded
(e) Above… flooding
7. According to a panel of health officials, there has been a great deal of ____ in the medical profession.
8. According to a recent poll, owning and ____ in a freestanding house on its own land is still a ____ of a majority of young adults.
(a) Operating… aspiration
(b) Living… goal
(c) Renting… miracle
(d) Disposing… mystery
(e) Loaning… suspense
9. According to a ____ by the state Supreme Court, the owner of polluted land is ____ for the cleanup of the property.
(a) Law… punished
(b) Ruling… liable
(c) State… responsible
(d) Article… deemed
(e) Provision… possible
10. Acid rain and snow result ____ the chemical reactions ____ industrial emissions of sulfur dioxide and nitrogen oxides.
(a) In… above
(b) On… below
(c) With… among
(d) From… between
(e) For… too