Hello and welcome to ExamPundit. Here is a set of English Quiz for Bank Exams 2015. The following set is based on Cloze Test.
In the following passage there are blanks, each of which has been numbered. These numbers are printed below the passage and against each, five words/ phrases are suggested, one of which fits the blank appropriately. Find out the appropriate word/ phrase in each case and mark your answer.
Many decades ____ (1), radio commentary used to be the best way to catch the cricket ____ (2). Then ____ (3) live television. It may now well be the age of data, ____ (4) live over smart phones and shareable ____ (5) social media. Cricket analytics and content firms, which came up in recent years to serve the burgeoning ____ (6) of professional teams in an era of non-stop cricket, now ____ (7) they have a new audience to serve. This, even as they are finding newer ways ____ (8) teams make better decisions and players iron out their grey areas. "Gone are the days when people chased cricket. It is cricket that is running behind fans with data and scorecards," Mr. Ramakrishnan says. His idea is to keep cricket fans engaged without their having to watch it live, which is possible because of ____ (9) Internet. So a ____ (10) travelling in a bus will not only be able to have an informed opinion about a match currently taking place but also can be in a position to share that immediately on social media.
1. (a) before (b) ago (c) after (d) old (e) behind
2. (a) action (b) deed (c) act (d) exploit (e) battle
3. (a) comes (b) will came (c) came (d) come (e) coming
4. (a) delivered (b) brings (c) transport (d) pass (e) fetch
5. (a) on (b) in (c) with (d) for (e) from
6. (a) interest (b) wish (c) needs (d) serve (e) progress
7. (a) demand (b) substitute (c) bear (d) burden (e) recognize
8. (a) to help (b) for helping (c) helps (d) helped (e) help
9. (a) some (b) any one (c) ethernet (d) mobile (e) date
10. (a) buff (b) fan (c) prediction (d) fawn (e) preference
Winners of this Quiz:
- CISCO/the fighter - 10/10
- Lovely - 9/10
- Nisha/Jay/Survivor/Nanhi - 8/10