Hello and welcome to ExamPundit. Here are the Important Current Affairs of 19th and 20th September, 2015. These are Important for the upcoming IBPS PO V Exam.
Books For 2015 Banking/Insurance Exams
Housing.com acquires Plat and BigBHK
- Housing.com has acquired Plat, an online network for agents and BigBHK, a property management software targeted at rental suppliers, to strengthen its supply side product portfolio. Housing.com did not disclose the acquisition cost.
- Earlier in August, Housing had acquired cloud-based startup HomeBuy360 for $2 million.
- With these acquisitions, Housing.com will bring onboard Chitransh Sahai, Gautam Prem Jain, Ayush Lodhi and Ankit Aggarwal from Plat and Ankur Kumar and Atul Yadav from BigBHK.
India, Laos Signs Two MoUs on Air Services and Quick Impact Projects
- India and Laos signed two key Memoranda of Understanding (MoUs) on air services and Quick Impact Projects (under the Mekong-Ganga Cooperation programme) to strengthen bilateral ties between the two nations.
- The work completion and handing over certificate of the Champassack Irrigation project was presented by Maykonh Phonephommavong, Director General, Department of Irrigation, Lao to R K Gupta, Chairman and Managing Director, WAPCOS Limited at a ceremony at the Presidential Palace "Ho Kham".
- The pacts were signed during the state visit of Indian Vice President Hamid Ansari to Lao PDR.
- Ansari, who will conclude his two-nation four-day visit to Cambodia and Laos today, also called on Lao President Choummaly Sayasone and met Prime Minister Bounnhang Vorachith and discussed issues of mutual concern to both nations.
- The Vice President also visited That Luang, or the Great Stupa, in Vientiane. It is the national symbol and also the most sacred monument in the country.
Awards & Honors –
Ajinkya Rahane honoured with life membership by CCI
- Ajinkya Rahane, India's most consistent batsman in the last couple of years, has been conferred with the honorary life membership by the Cricket Club of India (CCI) here on Friday.
- Honouring the top-order batsman was CCI president Kekoo Nicholson in the presence of past president Sevanti Parikh and other members.
- Rahane joins an illustrious list of sportspersons, not just cricketers, to be conferred with the CCI membership and these include Sunil Gavaskar, Viv Richards, Geet Sethi, Michael Ferreira, Muttiah Muralitharan and MS Dhoni, to name a few.
- The timing of the membership could not have been better as it came eight days before Rahane's first wedding anniversary. Rahane will be in Bengaluru attending Indian team's camp ahead of the Mahatma Gandhi-Nelson Mandela Series on his wedding day (September 26). He will travel to Bengaluru on Sunday for the seven-day camp that begins the next day.
BCCI chief Jagmohan Dalmiya passes away
- Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) president Jagmohan Dalmiya, who was admitted to a hospital here three days ago after complaining of chest pain, died on Sunday evening, hospital sources said. He was 75.
- The veteran cricket administrator was admitted to the B.M. Birla Hospital on Thursday night.
- On Saturday only, his condition was described as stable.
- Doctors attending to Dalmiya said on Saturday morning that the BCCI chief was responding to medicines and was in a stable condition. But they said he would still be under constant monitoring.
Veteran Communist Leader Sadhan Gupta Dies
- Independent India's first visually-challenged MP Sadhan Gupta has died following age-related illness.
- The veteran communist and eminent lawyer died late last night, CPI(M) party officials said.
- He was 98 and is survived by four daughters and a son.
- Left Front chairman and CPI(M) politburo member Biman Bose condoled the passing away of the veteran communist leader.
- Born in Dhaka, Gupta was educated at the Calcutta Blind School and went on to study Economics from Presidency College and law from the University of Calcutta.
- In 1953, the CPI(M) leader became India's first visually-challenged parliamentarian when he won from the Kolkata southeast constituency.
Renowned novelist Jackie Collins is dead
- Renowned novelist Jackie Collins has died of breast cancer at the age of 77, her family said in a statement.
- The British-born writer passed away yesterday in Los Angeles after she was diagnosed with stage-four cancer six-and-a-half years ago, her spokeswoman said.
- She began writing as a teenager, making up racy stories for her school-friends. Her first novel, 'The World is Full of Married Men', was published in 1968 and became a bestseller. In 1985, her novel 'Hollywood Wives' was made into a mini-series by ABC, starring Anthony Hopkins and Candice Bergen.
Daily Expected Questions on Stock GK
Dilip Tirkey Stadium is located in which city/state?
- Rourkella, Odisha
V. Shanmuganathan is the governor of which state/UT?
Pushpagiri Wildlife Sanctuary is located in which state?
Shri Charbhuja Temple is located in which of the following state?
Zagreb is the capital city of which of the following country?
Riga is the capital city of which of the following country?
What is the currency of Ecuador?
- US Dollar
River of Smoke is authored by which of the following author?
- Amitav Ghosh
International Day of Peace is observed on __________.
- 21 September
Christ the Redeemer is located in which country?