Hello and welcome to ExamPundit. Here is a set of Maths Quiz for SSC CGL 2015. We are bit late. But not too late :)
1. The average age of ten members of a committee is the same as it was 2 years ago, as an old member has been replaced by a young member. How much younger is the new member to the old member?
(A) 20 years (B) 15 years
(C) 10 years (D) 2 years
2. The cost price of 20 articles is equal to the selling price of 15 articles. The profit percent is.
(A) 16 2/3
(C) 33 1/3
(D) 66 2/3
3. The compound interest on Rs. 2, 400 at the rate of 8% per annum for 6 months, when the interest is to be calculated half-yearly, will be.
(A) Rs. 192 (B) Rs. 196
(C) Rs. 96 (D) Rs.48
4. In a partnership business. A invests ¼ of the capital for 1/3 of the time, B invests 1/6 of the capital for ¼ of the time and C, the rest of the capital for the whole time. Out of a profit of Rs. 9, 962 . A’s share is.
(A) Rs.1, 172 (B) Rs.1, 586
(C) Rs. 2, 804 (D) Rs. 4, 102
5. 40 minutes more is required to cover a certain distance at a speed of 6 km/hr. than covering the same distance at a speed of 8 km./hr. The distance covered in km is.
(A) 8 (B) 12
(C) 14 (D) 16
6. A man takes 4 hours 30 minutes to walk a certain distance and riding back. He could walk both ways in 8 hours 20 minutes. The time he will take to ride both ways is.
(A) 20 minutes (B) 30 minutes
(C) 40 minutes (D) 1 hour
7. The difference between the selling prices of an article at a profit of 15% and at a profit of 10% is Rs. 10. The cost price of the article is.
(A) Rs.100 (B) Rs. 120
(C) Rs. 150 (D) Rs. 200
8. A man bought 20 dozen eggs for Rs. 720. What should be the selling price of each egg if he wants to make a profit of 20%?
(A) Rs. 3.25 (B) Rs. 3.30
(C) Rs. 3.50 (D) Rs. 3.60
9. When the price of rice increases by 12 ½ % a man can get 250 gm less rice of Rs. 18. The present cost of rice per kg is.
(A) Rs. 8 (B) Rs. 9
(C) Rs.16 (D) Rs.18
10. If a = 2.3, b = 3.2 and c = -5.5, then the value of a3 + b3+ c3 - 3abc is.
(A) 11 (B) 10
(C) 3 (D) 0