Hello and welcome to ExamPundit. Here is a set of GK Quiz for SSC CGL 2015. These questions are based on all the topics.
1. The world is God and God is my soul is the philosophy contained in the
2. Who is considered to be responsible for the decline of the Mughal Empire?
a) Ibrahim Lodhi
b) Mohammad Tughlak
c) Bahadur Shah Zafar
3. Amir Khusrau was a musician and_____.
a) Sufi saint
b) Persian and Hindi writer, and scholar
d) All of the above
4. Asthma is a respiration disease caused due to
a) infection of trachea
b) infection of lungs
c) bleeding into pleura cavity
d) spasm in bronchial muscles
5. Mountain sickness results due to
a) anaemic hypoxia b) arterial hypoxia
c) lack of sufficient RBCs d) lack of sufficient WBCs
6. Which one of the following is the most common type of transpiration?
a) stomatal b) lenticular
c) foliar d) cuticular
7. The process of the escape of liquid from the tip of uninjured leaf or through hydathodes is called
a) transpiration b) guttation
c) evapo-transpiration d) evaporation
8. In a closed circulatory system, blood is completely enclosed within
a) the skeleton
9. Where is Raisina Hill?
a) Where Rashtrapati Bhavan is situated
b) The Hill feature in Srinagar, otherwise known as Shankaracharya Hill
c) The place where the Dogra rulers Jammu and
Kashmir built their fort in Jammu
d) The Rock feature at Knayakumari where Swami Vivekanad’s stature was erected.
10. The President of India enjoys emergency powers of
a) two types
b) three types
c) four types
d) Five types
11. The right to ‘equality before the law’ contained in Article 14 of the Constitution of India is available to:
a) Natural persons only.
b) Legal persons only.
c) Citizens of India.
d) All persons whether natural or legal.
12. Who is exception to equality before law (Article 14)?
13. Indian Constitution permits discrimination on the basis of:
a) Sex only.
b) Caste and sex only.
c) Caste, sex and place of birth.
d) Not on any ground.
14. Reservation of seats in educational institutions in favour of Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes is governed by:
a) Article 15(4) of the constitution.
b) Article 16(4) of the constitution.
c) Article 29(2) of the constitution.
d) Article 14 of the constitution.
15. Article 15 prohibits discrimination on grounds only of:
a) Religion, Race, Caste, Sex, Place of birth,
Residence or any of them.
b) Religion, Race, Caste, Sex, Place of birth.
c) Religion, Race, Caste, Sex, Place of birth or any of them.
d) None of the above.