Hello and welcome to ExamPundit. Here is a set of Reasoning Quiz for Bank and Insurance Exams 2015. The following set is based on Input Output and Mixed Problems
Directions—(Q. 1–5) Study the following information to answer the given questions :
A word and number arrangement machine when given an input line of words and numbers rearranges them following a particular rule. The following is an illustration of input and rearrangement. (All the numbers are two digits numbers.)
Input: sine 88 71 cos theta 14 56 gamma delta 26
Step I: cos sine 71 theta 14 56 gamma delta 26 88
Step II: Delta cos sine theta 14 56 gamma 26 88 71
Step III: gamma delta cos sine theta 14 26 88 71 56
Step IV: sine gamma delta cos theta 14 88 71 56 26
Step V: theta sine gamma delta cos 88 71 56 26 14
and Step V is the last Step of the arrangement of the above input as the intended arrangement is obtained.
As per the rules followed in the above steps, find out in each of the following questions the appropriate steps for the given input. Input for the questions:
Input: for 52 all 96 25 jam road 15 hut 73 bus stop 38 46
(All the numbers given in the arrangement are two digit numbers)
1. Which word/number would be at the 6th position from the left in Step V ?
2. Which of the following would be the Step III ?
(a) hut for bus all 25 jam road 15 stop 38 96 73 52 46
(b) for bus all 25 jam road 15 hut 38 stop 96 46 73 52
(c) hut for bus all jam road 15 stop 38 96 73 52 46 25
(d) for bus all 25 jam road 15 hut stop 38 46 96 73 52
(e) None of these
3. Which word/number would be at 8th position from the right in Step IV ?
4. Which of the following would be Step VII ?
(a) stop road jam hut for bus all 15 96 73 52 46 38 25
(b) road jam hut for bus all stop 15 25 38 46 52 73 96
(c) stop road jam hut for bus all 96 73 52 46 38 25 15
(d) jam hut for bus all 25 road stop 15 96 73 52 46 38
(e) There will be no such step as the arrangement gets established at Step VI
5. Which step number would be the following output ?
bus all for 52 25 jam road 15 hut stop 38 46 96 73
(a) There will be no such step
6. A school bus driver starts from the school, drives 2 km towards North, takes a left turn and drives for 5 km. He then takes a left turn and drives for 8 km before taking a left turn again and driving for 5 km. The driver finally takes a left turn and drives 1 km before stopping. How far and towards which direction should the driver drive to reach the school again ?
(a) 3 km towards North
(b) 7 km towards East
(c) 6 km towards South
(d) 6 km towards West
(e) 5 km towards North
Directions—(Q. 7 and 8) Read the following information carefully and answer the questions which follow—
A, B, C, D, E and F live on different floors in the same building having six floors numbered one to six (the ground floor is numbered 1, the floor above it, number 2 and so on and the topmost floor is numbered 6). A lives on an even numbered floor. There are two floors between the floors on which D and F live. F lives on a floor above D’s floor. D does not live on floor number 2. B does not live on an odd numbered floor. C does not live on any of the floors below F’s floor. E does not live on a floor immediately above or immediately below the floor on which B lives.
7. Who amongst the following live on the floors exactly between D and F ?
(a) E, B
(b) C, B
(c) E, C
(d) A, E
(e) B, A
8. On which of the following floors does B live ?
(e) Cannot be determined
Directions—(Q.9 and 10) Study the following information to answer the given questions :
In a five letter English word (which may or may not be a meaningful English word), there are two letters between L and P. S is not placed immediately next to L. There is only one letter between S and A. S is towards the right of A. S is not placed immediately Next to E.
9. Which of the following is correct with respect to the word thus formed ?
(a) E is at one of the extreme ends of the word
(b) P is not placed immediately next to A
(c) There are two letters between A and E in the word thus formed
(d) P is placed second to the right of E
(e) None is correct
10. Which of the following words will be formed based on the given conditions ?
|Solutions - The word formed is LEAPS.|