Hello and welcome to ExamPundit. Here is the Official Exam Review of OICL Assistant 2015 held on 22nd of August. The following is a combined review of both shifts.
So lets get started!!
Reasoning was EASY. And not a single review had any eyebrow raising statement about reasoning. However, the Seating Arrangments, some reported were little bit above than other questions but not tough or moderate. There were questions from coding-decoding, sequence, syllogisms and inequality and other mixed problems. All over reasoning was very satisfying for most of the candidates.
Numerical Ability has been the reason to worry about since the beginning of 2015 season. It was Moderate but Calculative. A large number of candidates were not very happy about the numerical ability part. Time Management played the crucial role for many. There were questions based on Partnership, Time & Work, Time and Distance, Ratio, Mensuration, DI, Number series. There was also Simplifications which were very calculative and sometime "confusing". All over Numerical Ability was average for most of the aspirants.
English was Easy to Moderate for most of the candidates. The Comprehension was easy for a large number and the Sentence Rearrangements did not cause any problem. However, some of the candidates did find grammar and vocabulary bit moderate at some point.
Computer was easy and had basic questions. Not a single candidate showed any kind of dissatisfaction with computer.
Some of the questions shared:
- Correcting error in software Code?
- ALU full form
- 1MB is equal to how many byte or bits
- most useable communication device over internet ?
- connection with people through internet called-----connectivity
- Current sequence of ... input , output, storage, processing ?
- Current sequence of storage kb mb gb tb
- Chips is used in
- Primary memory
- Cache memory
GA is turning into a More GK less CA kind of subject. Which reflected in today's exam as well. A lot of questions came from Stock GKs, State animals, state capitals, currency, capitals, various monuments, previous awardees. So a lot of people were confused by them.
Here are some questions:
- Shubham jagllan belongs to which sport? - Golf
- Kaiga wildlife - Karnataka
- Sarabhai Space Research Institute - Kerala
- Bharat Ratna awardee in the year 1990 - Nelson Mandela
- Who was Olaf Pooley? - Actor/Writer
- Which one of the following is a Govt backed insurance? - PMJJBY
- Brabourne Stadium - Mumbai
- Mountain Alps in - Switzerland
- Ranthambore National Park - Rajasthan
- France Currency - Franc
- Fishing Cat is the state animal of - West Bengal
- Nifty 50 is related to - National Stock Exchange
- Capital of Andaman - Port Blair
- In IDFC, I stands for - Infrastructure
Overall the exam was moderate, not very easy, neither very tough. Most Importantly, Numerical Ability made things moderate. The average attempts varied between 165- 182 regardless of any shift, any category or any state.