Hello and welcome to ExamPundit. Here is a set of English Quiz for Bank Exams 2015. The following quiz is based on Cloze Test problems.
In the following passage there are blanks, each of which has been numbered. These numbers are printed below the passage and against each, five words /phrases are suggested, one of which fits the blank appropriately. Find out the appropriate word/phrase in each case—
Depending upon how humanity chooses to use it, technology can enhance or ___1___ any aspect of life. The realm of interpersonal communication generally feels this impact first. Many times throughout history, humanity has changed its modes of communication as society itself has ___2___. As people began to spread out geographically, verbal communication turned to writing to make it more ___3___. Then, people invented ways of carrying both conversation and written communication between their communities to keep in ___4___ with one another as travel became simpler. With the advent of the telephone, people began to wonder if picking up the receiver to call one another would eventually ___5___ out other forms of communication. So far, as families and friends have moved away from one another, the telephone, even its cellular form, has allowed humanity to ___6___ the necessary links among its members.
Naturally, now that computers, instant and text messaging, and other forms of communication have found their way into the world, people not familiar with these technologies wonder what they will do to the human race. Etiquette experts and those raised on writing formal letters often ___7___ that e-mail and text message lingo will replace the language of pen and paper. This will not ___8___, and both methods of communication can survive to enhance human’s enjoyment of one another’s company if the next generation learns how to ___9___ both. Each form of communication can survive with its own rules as people learn which situations in life ___10___ for which level of formality and which of the people they spend time with can connect better with which type of language.
1. (a) depressed (b) finish (c) problem (d) hinder (e) featured
2. (a) evolved (b) destroyed (c) pledged (d) extinguished (e) waited
3. (a) expensive (b) subjective (c) easier (d) loud (e) portable
4. (a) lines (b) faith (c) distance (d) touch (e) check
5. (a) pushed (b) cancel (c) shells (d) try (e) turn
6. (a) maintain (b) teleport (c) cut (d) curb (e) regulation
7. (a) dominate (b) elate (c) worry (d) says (e) mentioning
8. (a) agree (b) happen (c) occurred (d) exist (e) possible
9. (a) forms (b) prove (c) accomplish (d) study (e) example
10. (a) take (b) require (c) jump (d) stands (e) call