Hello and welcome to ExamPundit. Here is a set of English Quiz for Bank Exams 2015 based on Cloze Test.
Once upon a time there lived a wise man by the __1__ of Mamad. He never lied. All the people in the land, knew about him. The king heard about Mamad and __2__ his subjects to bring him to the palace. He looked at the wise man and asked: “Mamad, is it true, that you have never lied ?” “It is true, your Majesty.” “And you will never lie in your life” questioned the king. “I am sure of that,” replied Mamad. __3__ days passed and the king called Mamad once again. There was a big crowd, the king was __4__ to go hunting. The king held his horse by the mane, his left foot was already on the stirrup. He. __5__ to Mamad. “Go to my summer palace and tell the queen I will be with her for lunch. Tell her to __6__ a big feast. You will have lunch with me then.” Mamad bowed down and went to the queen. Then the king laughed and said. “We won’t go hunting and now Mamad will lie to the queen. Tomorrow we will laugh on his behalf. “But the wise Mamad went to the palace and said, “maybe you should prepare a big feast for lunch tomorrow, and maybe you shouldn’t. Maybe the king will come by noon, and maybe he won’t.” “__7__ me will he come, or will he not ?” – asked the queen. “I do not know whether he put his right foot on the stirrup, or he put his left foot on the ground after I left”. Everybody __8__ for the king. He came the next day and said to the queen. “The wise Mamad, who never lies, __9__ to you yesterday.” But the queen told him Mamad’s exact words. And the king __10__, that the wise man never lies, and says only that, which he see’s with his own eyes.
1. (a) name (b) sound (c) call (d) identity (e) label
2. (a) demanded (b) send (c) ordered (d) request (e) sanctioned
3. (a) Several (b) Most (c) Lots (d) Glorious (e) Long
4. (a) just (b) tired (c) schedule (d) planned (e) about
5. (a) wished (b) order (c) said (d) featured (e) send
6. (a) leave (b) prepare (c) figure (d) show (e) prove
7. (a) Say (b) Rescue (c) Reveal (d) Tell (e) Understand
8. (a) lied (b) left (c) heard (d) ran (e) waited
9. (a) wrong (b) spoke (c) lied (d) did (e) deceive
10. (a) felt (b) understands (c) realised (d) convinced (e) rejoiced