Hello and welcome to ExamPundit. Here is a set of Cloze Test for Bank Exams 2015.
In the following passage there are blanks, each of which has been numbered. These numbers are printed below the passage and against each, five words/phrases are suggested, one of which fits the blank appropriately. Find out the appropriate word/phrase in each case.
The barter system for getting goods and services __1__ back many centuries. In most cultures the barter system was used before money was __2__ . People who had specific items or services would __3__ these with others for the things they needed. Good negotiation was the __4__ to making good trades. While the barter system __5__ based on basic needs, today the barter system continues to thrive. The barter system transcends the monetary system. The barter system is making a __6__ today. What makes the barter system even better today than ever before is that it can now be done globally. In the past, bartering was simply done with those that were located nearby. Today, the barter system can be used in a much more __7__ way than ever before yet it carries with it the same basic motivation - the need for something that you don’t have and the excess of something that someone else wants. The barter system is enjoying __8__ interest today. Bartering allows you to get the things you need without having to __9__ additional money. Instead, you can use the things you no longer need or want to get the things you do need. There are swap markets and online auctions that __10__ you to sell or trade your items or to purchase items that you want. Negotiation takes place just like it did hundreds of years ago.
1. (a) discovered (b) dates (c) began (d) started (e) initiated
2. (a) bought (b) imagined (c) began (d) emerged (e) invented
3. (a) buy (b) sell (c) exchange (d) give (e) return
4. (a) important (b) essential (c) result (d) key (e) intention
5. (a) originated (b) stood (c) generated (d) created (e) produced
6. (a) issue (b) comeback (c) withdrawal (d) recall (e) fading
7. (a) primitive (b) appreciated (c) promoted (d) sophisticated (e) better
8. (a) diminishing (b) revival (c) perishing (d) declining (e) renewed
9. (a) expend (b) exchanging (c) expand (d) consume (e) cost
10. (a) insist (b) force (c) allow (d) lure (e) constraint