Hello and welcome to ExamPundit. Here is a set of English Quiz for Bank and Insurance Exams 2015. The following set is based on Cloze Test.
One day a father of a very wealthy family ___1___ his son on a trip to the country with the purpose of ___2___ his son how the poor people live so he could be thankful for his wealth. They spent a ___3___ of days and nights on the farm of what would be considered a ___4___ poor family. On their ___5___ from the trip, the father asked his son, “How was the trip?" "It was great, Dad.” “Did you see how poor people can be?”, the father asked. “Oh yeah”, said the son. So what did you ___6___ from the trip?”, asked the father. The son answered, “I saw that we have one dog and they had four. We have a pool that ___7___ in the middle of our garden and they have a creek that has no end.” “We have imported lanterns in our garden and they have the stars at night.” “Our patio reaches to the front yard and they have the ___8___ horizon.” “we have a small piece of land to live on and they have fields that go beyound our sight.” “We have ___9___ who serve us, but they serve others.” “We buy our food, but they grow theirs.” “We have walls around our ___10___ to protect us; they have friends to protect them.” With this the boy’s father was speechless. Then his son added, “Thanks dad for showing me how poor we are”.
1. (a) took (b) beat (c) drag (d) mould (e) showed
2. (a) presenting (b) requesting (c) tell (d) trusting (e) showing
3. (a) two (b) couple (c) much (d) few (e) many
4. (a) major (b) some (c) sorrow (d) very (e) astutely
5. (a) lane (b) journey (c) leave (d) return (e) walking
6. (a) reveal (b) think (c) saw (d) believe (e) learn
7. (a) stands (b) reaches (c) swims (d) leak (e) watery
8. (a) more (b) scene (c) whole (d) last (e) lucky
9. (a) servants (b) mother (c) computers (d) relatives (e) man
10. (a) minds (b) selves (c) property (d) pillars (e) country