Hello and welcome to ExamPundit. Here is the Second Set of English Quiz for Banking Exams 2015.
In the following passage there are blanks each of which has been numbered. These numbers are printed below the passage and against each, five words are suggested, one of which fits the blank appropriately. Find out the appropriate word in each case.
People want to follow leaders who (1) a sense of purpose and self-confidence. Self-confidence (2) a positive outlook and an ability to be at ease with yourself; not (3) that you know the answer to everything. A leader who thinks that he has all the answers will have a negative (4) on his followers. The leaders that I admire are (5) who listen. Leaders who don’t listen (6) believe that they have all the answers. The truth is that nobody (7) smart and capable has all the answers. To (8) a good leader you also have to encourage people to speak up. People should not be afraid of you because leading by (9) will only result in disaster. It is not real leadership and you will never get people to perform at their (10) capabilities.
1. (A) have (B) presents (C) exhibits (D) originate (E) issue
2. (A) guides (B) results (C) changes (D) being (E) means
3. (A) until (B) knowing (C) thinking (D) sure (E) enough
4. (A) contact (B) status (C) impact (D) feeling (E) pressure
5. (A) someone (B) person (C) perhaps (D) those (E) them
6. (A) confident (B) need (C) utmost (D) never (E) usually
7. (A) more (B) despite (C) so (D) however (E) still
8. (A) elect (B) establish (C) be (D) want (E) follow
9. (A) fear (B) front (C) choice (D) example (E) courage
10. (A) favourite (B) high (C) successful (D) peak (E) thorough