Hello and welcome to ExamPundit. Here is a set of English Quiz based on Error Correction and Fill in the Blanks for Bank Exams 2015.
Read each sentence to find out whether there is any grammatical error or idiomatic error in it. The error, if any, will be in one part of the sentence. The letter of that part is the answer. If there is ‘No error’, the answer is (e). (Ignore errors of punctuation, if any).
1. The third season of (a)/ the popular television show will ends (b)/ on a grand note with (c)/celebrities dancing and having fun(d). No error(e)
2. The website, which does not (a)/ accept advertisements and is funded (b)/ entirely by donations, describes itself (c)/ as the fifth most popular website on the planet (d). No error (e)
3. As sharing crime statistics for (a)/ the year 2011, the Commissioner admitted that (b)/ there had been an undue delay in (c)/ the setting up of an anti-narcotics cell (d). No error (e)
4. The Moon may be the best place (a)/ to look for aliens as their (b)/ footprints on their surface would (c)/ last far longer than radio signals.(d) No error(e)
5. The judge advised the government to(a) / have metered autorickshaws across the state while/ (b) recounting his personal experience where an (c) autorickshaw driver / made him to wait and also demanded Rs 100(d). No error(e)
Directions (Q. 6-10): Each question below has a blank/ two blanks, each blank indicating that something has been omitted. Choose the set of words from the five options for each blank that best fits the meaning of the sentence as a whole.
6. They have scarcely enough money to look after ____ children.
7. This movie is ____ hilarious and I have seen it twice ____.
(a) very, already
(b) too, ready
(c) much, previous
(d) so, after
(e) to, before
8. Being celebrities, they ___ met without being mobbed ____ people.
(a) hardly ever, by
(b) nearly, about
(c) barely, around
(d) apparently, surround
(e) scarcely, because
9. The _______ soldier was _______ to the medical camp.
(a) greeted, carry
(b) wounded, carried
(c) rewarded, presented
(d) operated, posted
(e) week, sent
10. If I ___ the contest, I __ a new house.
(a) win, will buy
(b) will win, will buy
(c) winning, buy
(d) wins, buying
(e) win, bought