Hello and welcome to ExamPundit. Here is a set of English Quiz for Bank Exams based on Cloze Test.
In the following passage there are blanks, each of which has been numbered. These numbers are printed below the passage and against each, five words are suggested, one of which fits the blank appropriately. Find out the appropriate word in each case.
__1__ over the world rights related to information technology that are already legally recognised are daily being violated, __2__ in the name of economic advancement, political stability or for personal greed and interests. Violations of these rights have __3__ new problems in human social systems, such as the digital divide, cybercrime, digital security and privacy concerns, all of which have __4__ people’s lives either directly or indirectly. It is important that countries come up with the guidelines for action to __5__ the incidences of malicious attacks on the confidentiality, integrity and availability of electronic data and systems, computer related crimes, content related offenses and violations of intellectual property rights. __6__, threats to critical infrastructure and national interests arising from the use of the internet for criminal and terrorist activities are of growing __7__. The harm incurred to businesses, governments and individuals in those countries in which the internet is used __8__, is gaining in __9__ and importance, while in other countries; cybercrime threatens the application of information and communication technology for government services, health care, trade, and banking. As users start losing __10__ in online transactions and business, the opportunity costs may become substantial.
1. (a) Entire (b) Lot (c) Great (d) All (e) Much
2. (a) scarcely (b) whether (c) and (d) for (e) hardly
3. (a) created (b) bent (c) pressured (d) risen (e) stopped
4. (a) distanced (b) affected (c) exaggerated (d) advanced (e) cropped
5. (a) engage (b) conflict (c) war (d) combat (e) struggle
6. (a) But (b) More (c) Addition (d) Beside (e) Further
7. (a) concern (b) nature (c) pattern (d) important (e) matter
8. (a) really (b) figuratively (c) widely (d) never (e) tandem
9. (a) fear (b) days (c) positivity (d) width (e) scope
10. (a) tracks (b) measure (c) confidence (d) mind (e) grip