Hello and welcome to ExamPundit. Here are the Important Expected Current Affairs Questions for SBI PO Mains on National Current Affairs including AMRUT, Housing For All, Smart Cities Mission, Appointments and Awards and Honors related to India.
1. Name the Government launched Augmented Reality Application.
2. Government recently launched Augmented Reality Application named Sakaar. For which purpose it was launched?
- to highlight the achievements of the Department of Space.
3. Which express train was recently rechristened as Yoga Express?
- Haridwar Mail
4. Which Indian mobile handset maker recently announced to set up its first mobile phone manufacturing facility in Hyderabad?
5. ISRO recently announced that their GAGAN system will provide navigational support to Indian Railways. Expand GAGAN.
- GPS-aided geo-augmented navigation
6. Union Government recently revised the target under National Solar Mission to _______.
- 1 Lakh MW
7. Name the first 100% blind officer in Indian Foreign Services.
- Beno Zephine
8. Government recently revised the National Solar Mission target to 1 Lakh MW. It is expected to be achieve by ____.
9. Beno Zephine became first 100% blind officer in ________.
- Indian Foreign Services
10. Who was recently appointed as the Director of National Crime Records Bureau (NCRB)?
- Archana Ramasundaram
11. Name the Indian architect passed away recently who was Dubbed “India’s Greatest Architect” by the Royal Institute of British Architects.
- Charles Correa
12. As per Housing For All by 2022 Scheme, Government will provide interest subsidy of ____ on housing loans provided to EWS/LIG categories.
13. What amount will be granted per house by the Government under the slum rehabilitation programme of Housing for All by 2022?
- One Lakh Rupees
14. Who was recently given additional charge as Director General of Bureau of Indian Standards?
- G Gurucharan
15. Name the newly appointed executive director of Amnesty International India.
- Aakar Patel
16. How many phases does Housing For All by 2022 have?
- 3 Phases
- Phase-I (April 2015 – March 2017) to cover 100 Cities to be selected from States/UTs as per their willingness;
- Phase – II (April 2017 – March 2019) to cover additional 200 Cities and
- Phase-III (April 2019 – March 2022) to cover all other remaining Cities.
17. Who was conferred with 10th Navlekhan Award of Bharatiya Jnanpith?
- Babusha Kohli, Upasana
18. Name the Government launched weather alert service.
19. With which country did India recently sign a MoU on establishing a collaborative program in official statistics?
20. As per IAMAI's Social Media in India 2014 report, How many social media users as on April, 2015 are there in India?
- 143 Million
21. As per IAMAI's recent data, Usage of social media in rural India has grown by ______.
- 100 %
22. As per IAMAI's Social Media in India 2014 report which social media site is the 2nd most popular in India?
- Google +
23. As per IAMAI's Social Media in India 2014 report, which Social Media website is the most popular in India?
24. Who recently was selected for Fukuoka Prize in the Academic category?
- Ramachandra Guha
25. Ramachandra Guha was selected for the prestigious Fukuoka Prize in the Academic category. The Fukuoka Prize is given by which country?
26. The Union Government launched the country's first modernised anganwadi centre in which state?
27. The Union Government launched the country's first modernised anganwadi centre at _________.
- Hasanpur village, Sonepat, Haryana
28. The newly renamed Nawab Wajid Ali Shah Prani Udyan was previously known as __________.
- Lucknow Zoo
29. Who was appointed as Kerala’s Ayurveda brand ambassador?
- Steffi Graf
30. Which state government recently banned sale of thermocol plates?
31. China recently opened Nathu La as 2nd route for Kailash pilgrims. Nathu La pass connects China's Tibet Autonomous Region and which India state?
32. Hindustan Aeronautics Limited recently delivered ________________ of Chandrayan-2 to ISRO.
- Orbiter Craft Module Structure
33. Hindustan Aeronautics Limited delivered ‘Orbiter Craft Module Structure’ of which spacecraft of ISRO?
34. What is the outlay of Atal Mission for Rejuvenation and Urban Transformation (AMRUT)?
- 50000 crore rupees
35. Atal Mission for Rejuvenation and Urban Transformation (AMRUT) was launched to develop infrastructure of how many Cities and Towns of India?
36. What is the population criteria for Atal Mission for Rejuvenation and Urban Transformation (AMRUT)?
- Population of One Lakh and Above
37. What is the outlay of Smart Cities Mission?
- 48000 Crore Rupees
38. In the Smart Cities Mission, How many smart cities will be developed?
39. How many IIMs was approved by the Union Cabinet recently?
The new IIMs will be located at Visakhapatnam (Andhra Pradesh), Bodh Gaya (Bihar), Sirmaur (Himachal Pradesh), Nagpur (Maharashtra), Sambalpur (Odisha) and Amritsar (Punjab).
40. Who was recently conferred with Orden de la Democracia Simon Bolivar en el grado de cruz Caballero?
- Sri Sri Ravi Shankar
41. Sri Sri Ravi Shankar was conferred with Orden de la Democracia Simon Bolivar en el grado de cruz Caballero. It is the highest civilian award of which country?
42. Praful Bidwai recently passed away. He was noted for his works in the field of __________.
43. 1st One-Stop Crisis Centre under Nirbhaya Fund will be launched in which state?
44. India's first air-conditioned DEMU train was launched in _______.
45. Kerala Government's highest honour for music, Swathi Puraskar was recently conferred to _________.
- Ustad Amjad Ali Khan
46. Who was selected for Sangita Kalanidhi Award of the Music Academy?
- S Subrahmanyan
47. Sanjay Deshmukh appointed Vice-Chancellor of which university?
- Mumbai University
48. Bongaigaon Power Plant is located in which state?
49. Which state topped the list of States commissioning grid connected Solar Power projects?
50. Which state declared June 22 as Snake Bird Day?
51. Kerala declared ______ as Snake Bird Day.
- June 22
52. Which state declared Blue Mormon as state butterfly?
53. What was India's rank in Global Peace Index (GPI) 2015?
54. Name the former head of Missionaries of Charity who recently passed away.
- Sister Nirmala Joshi
55. Hemis festival is celebrated in which Indian state?
- Jammu & Kashmir (Ladakh)
56. Who was conferred with The 28th Moortidevi Award for 2014?
- Vishwanath Tripathi
57. Vishwanath Tripathi was conferred with The 28th Moortidevi Award for 2014 for _________.
- Vyomkesh Darvesh
58. The Government approved a proposal for setting up a second international airport in NCR at ________.
59. With which country did India sign MoU on cancer research, control, prevention and management?
- United States of America
60. With the launch of the first phase of Chennai Metro Rail Service, Chennai became the ____ city to have Metro Railways.
61. Along with Chennai Metro Railway, which city recently launched Metro Railway?
62. Union Railway Ministry recently inaugurated Integrated Security System in which city?
63. National Statistics Day is observed on which date?
- 29 June
64. What was the theme of National Statistics Day 2015?
- Social Development
Expected Questions for SBI PO Mains 2015 - India - Part 2 by Team Exam Pundit is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.