Hello and welcome to ExamPundit. Here is a set of English Quiz for RBI Assistant 2015.
Directions (Q. 1-10): In the following passage there are blanks each of which has been numbered. These numbers are printed below the passage and against each, five words are suggested, one of which fits the blank appropriately. Find out the appropriate word in each case.
People want to follow leaders who __1__ a sense of purpose and self-confidence. Self-confidence __2__ a positive outlook and an ability to be at ease with yourself; not __3__ that you know the answer to everything. A leader who thinks that he has all the answers will have a negative __4__ on his followers. The leaders that I admire are __5__ who listen. Leaders who don’t listen __6__ believe that they have all the answers. The truth is that nobody __7__ smart and capable has all the answers. To __8__ a good leader you also have to encourage people to speak up. People should not be afraid of you because leading by __9__ will only result in disaster. It is not real leadership and you will never get people to perform at their __10__ capabilities.
1. (a) have (b) presents (c) exhibits (d) originate(e) issue
2. (a) guides (b) results (c) changes (d) being (e) means
3. (a) until (b) knowing (c) thinking (d) sure (e) enough
4. (a) contact (b) status (c) impact (d) feeling (e) pressure
5. (a) someone (b) person (c) perhaps (d) those (e) them
6. (a) confident (b) need (c) utmost (d) never (e) usually
7. (a) more (b) despite (c) so (d) however (e) still
8. (a) elect (b) establish (c) be (d) want (e) follow
9. (a) fear (b) front (c) choice (d) example (e) courage
10. (a) favorite (b) high (c) successful (d) peak (e) thorough